Katy Perry and Russel Brand to divorce

2»

Comments

• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Poodlehead wrote: »
    However, one thing hubby and I DO agree on...if you are the one that wanted the d-i-v-o-r-c-e, then you should get n-o-t-h-i-n-g.
    Um, what? I cry foul on this one.

So a woman who is being abused begins the divorce proceedings and she should get n-o-t-h-i-n-g?

Surely I'm missing something here.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    LAwoman wrote: »
    However, one thing hubby and I DO agree on...if you are the one that wanted the d-i-v-o-r-c-e, then you should get n-o-t-h-i-n-g.

Glad I'm not the only one.

So by this logic, if you initiate the divorce because you are the partner being cheated on, or abused, or your partner is a raging drug or alcohol abuser .... you should get nothing?

No. That's ridiculous.

Sorry, LA - I missed your post and basically posted the same thing!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    LAwoman wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only one.

So by this logic, if you initiate the divorce because you are the partner being cheated on, or abused, or your partner is a raging drug or alcohol abuser .... you should get nothing?

No. That's ridiculous.

When i read Wile's most i was thinking she meant people who want a divorce the nothing. like being different, which seems to be the reason for a lot of hollywood divorces. correct me if i'm wrong wile. i dont think she was refering to being in an abusive marriage.

it seems in hollywood people stick around longer when there is a "real" reason for divorce.
  • wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    subbrock wrote: »
    Q
    Honeycurls wrote: »
    I normally wouldn't comment because I don't give a flying fark about celebrity relationships, but it really annoys me when people who truly do have every material thing they could possibly want still can't manage to find a way to just be happy and enjoy each other and their good fortune. And, no, that's not to say that material wealth = happiness. I think most of you know what I mean.

Maybe it's because they're always chasing something better. I feel like part of being a successful celebrity is always chasing the idea that you could have more (more album sales, more income, more awards, more projects, etc). In their line of work, you can never be happy with your current station in life because if you're not in the pursuit of "bigger, better, more" then you're well on your way to being irrelevant and unemployed. It seems like today's celebrities also apply this thinking to their personal life as well.

Blame it on the cell phone...

I think this is true. It seems like the way celebrities' lives are they don't feel they have to put up with anything less-than-perfect in a marriage. They meet a lot of new people through work, are told how wonderful they are all the time... and it's relatively easy for them to get divorced. Easy to find a lawyer, easy to pay for said lawyer, easy to pull strings to make the proceedings go more quickly.

I've heard of some people staying together because they can't or don't want to pay for a divorce. I've also heard of people staying with someone because they think they can't do better, or will never meet someone else who is interested. This wouldn't be an issue with celebrities.

Frankly there are a lot of "normies" who go through marriages pretty quickly, too. A lot of us have gotten this message that we shouldn't have to put up with anything we don't like, nor should we have to work hard to make a marriage work. If yoru partner doesn't shoot rainbows and hearts out of his or her bum 24/7 you gotta kick that loser to the curb!
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh, H, how'd I miss this?
    I don't think I can forgive you

:evil4:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    subbrock wrote: »
    Q
    Honeycurls wrote: »
    I normally wouldn't comment because I don't give a flying fark about celebrity relationships, but it really annoys me when people who truly do have every material thing they could possibly want still can't manage to find a way to just be happy and enjoy each other and their good fortune. And, no, that's not to say that material wealth = happiness. I think most of you know what I mean.

Maybe it's because they're always chasing something better. I feel like part of being a successful celebrity is always chasing the idea that you could have more (more album sales, more income, more awards, more projects, etc). In their line of work, you can never be happy with your current station in life because if you're not in the pursuit of "bigger, better, more" then you're well on your way to being irrelevant and unemployed. It seems like today's celebrities also apply this thinking to their personal life as well.

Blame it on the cell phone...

I think this is true. It seems like the way celebrities' lives are they don't feel they have to put up with anything less-than-perfect in a marriage. They meet a lot of new people through work, are told how wonderful they are all the time... and it's relatively easy for them to get divorced. Easy to find a lawyer, easy to pay for said lawyer, easy to pull strings to make the proceedings go more quickly.

I've heard of some people staying together because they can't or don't want to pay for a divorce. I've also heard of people staying with someone because they think they can't do better, or will never meet someone else who is interested. This wouldn't be an issue with celebrities.

Frankly there are a lot of "normies" who go through marriages pretty quickly, too. A lot of us have gotten this message that we shouldn't have to put up with anything we don't like, nor should we have to work hard to make a marriage work. If yoru partner doesn't shoot rainbows and hearts out of his or her bum 24/7 you gotta kick that loser to the curb!

Ha, this is why I'll probably never get married again!
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like Russell Brand.. I think he's very charming. A lot of things happened in that guy's life that are just so sad and tragic. I think Katy Perry thought she'd be his savior and in a way so did he. Katy seems pretty bossy and in the end I didn't think he'd want to be controlled. Relationships like that NEVER work out in the long run.

It's a celebrity marriage so I expected the divorce though.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Sorry for the delay...got tied up w/ work issues yesterday and then my computer was acting up. :confused3:

Anyway, not sure where the abuse aspect came in, but thelio was saying what I was trying to.... :notworthy:

PTNB...As far as I know, he wasn't...unfortunately, the law cares not about morals... :pukeright:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file