I'm pregnant...

SouthernWavesSouthernWaves Registered Users Posts: 21
And I'm sooo sick!!! I have one of the worst head colds or sinus infections I've ever had. Everything in my head hurts, throat, ears, constant stufy/ runny nose..you name it.

I went to my midwife yesterday and she wants me only doing natural fixes at this point, bc I'm only 6 weeks along. Not even basic OTC meds. I have lived next to my humidifier with Vicks in it and have been using saline washes but I am still miserable. I've also been gargling with salt water and drinking things with honey for my throat.

Are there any other natural things I could be doing that would make a big difference? She wants me to wait a week before we start trying meds but I don't think I can stand this that long!!

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    And I'm sooo sick!!! I have one of the worst head colds or sinus infections I've ever had. Everything in my head hurts, throat, ears, constant stufy/ runny nose..you name it.

I went to my midwife yesterday and she wants me only doing natural fixes at this point, bc I'm only 6 weeks along. Not even basic OTC meds. I have lived next to my humidifier with Vicks in it and have been using saline washes but I am still miserable. I've also been gargling with salt water and drinking things with honey for my throat.

Are there any other natural things I could be doing that would make a big difference? She wants me to wait a week before we start trying meds but I don't think I can stand this that long!!

I was told Benadryl is safe during pregnancy.

Ginger always helps me with colds and it also helps nausea if that's a pregnancy-related issue for you.

Otherwise, rest and hydrate and do what you are doing.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• SpiderSpider Registered Users Posts: 3,381 Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations!! Do what you're doing plus lots of sleep and water.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I agree with your midwife. I wouldn't take anything at this point in pregnancy. Lots of orange juice. Lots of rest. You will get better.

Congrats on the baby!
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Sorry you are sick! I wouldn't take anything either...just lots of vitamins....maybe vitamin c? Congratulations!
  • SouthernWavesSouthernWaves Registered Users Posts: 21
    Thanks yall we are SO beyond excited!! :love7:
    I love OJ so I took RCW's suggestion as permission to comsume copious amounts of it :lol: And I broke down and got a nettie pot...life changing!

It's getting better slowly but surely. Being pregnant and sick definitely takes it to a whole new level though.
  • goldygoldy Registered Users Posts: 5,463 Curl Connoisseur
    Congrats glad you're feeling better. Garlic helps too, lots of it, the rawer the better :)
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Congrats on being pregnant! I don't have anything more to add other than what the ladies have suggested, but I wanted to wish you well during this awesome time!!!
  • sweetmx85sweetmx85 Registered Users Posts: 1,017 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks yall we are SO beyond excited!! :love7:
    I love OJ so I took RCW's suggestion as permission to comsume copious amounts of it :lol: And I broke down and got a nettie pot...life changing!

It's getting better slowly but surely. Being pregnant and sick definitely takes it to a whole new level though.

congrats! make sure you use sterile water for your Nettie pot everytime!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Blog:www.curlygirlie85.blogspot.com
    YouTube: www.youtube.com/sophiams85
    my blog
    http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
    Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file