Good luck needed!!!

IAmJordanNicoleIAmJordanNicole Posts: 784Registered Users
So I've been out of work for a while (since September 21) I've been job hunting but not too hard because I was being paid severance as well as unemployment(yes it is legal under PA law, look it up!)

I turned a job down a few months ago because the pay wasn't good and I didn't feel it necessary to take something that didn't pay well at the time. But I've had a few interviews lately and they haven't amounted to anything. There was this one job at a major bank that I really really wanted and I thought the interview went so well!

I told my cousin about the job and had her apply as well. When she applied she had to do an assessment and she didn't understand any of it so I did it for her. She went in for an interview and got the job...but I didn't :( wtf?!

I was bummed and felt like I shouldn't have helped her but it was the right thing to do I guess.

Anyway I received a call today from the same recruiter saying they has another position open and they wanted me to come in. She made it sound like I all but have the job and it starts on 2/6. Then an hour later she emailed me again and said she has the same position I already interviewed for open as well and wants me to come in for an interview tomorrow morning because the job starts 1/9.

I really want the one that starts on the 9th, but either will do as severance runs out at the end of the month and unemployment just won't be enough for the lifestyle that I live. Please wish me luck that one of these comes through!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Comments

• NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    Good luck to you!
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • luvscurlzluvscurlz Posts: 109Registered Users
    I hope it works out for you but if it doesn't I'd urge you to be a little less picky with what you get offered in the future. You can always take a job and continue interviewing. I know quite a few people who are out of work and they've been looking for jobs longer then they've ever had to before and these are highly marketable people. The job market isn't what it used to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.lenasblend.com
  • IAmJordanNicoleIAmJordanNicole Posts: 784Registered Users
    lenasblend wrote: »
    I hope it works out for you but if it doesn't I'd urge you to be a little less picky with what you get offered in the future. You can always take a job and continue interviewing. I know quite a few people who are out of work and they've been looking for jobs longer then they've ever had to before and these are highly marketable people. The job market isn't what it used to be.

I know now that I may have made a mistake by not taking that other job. I chalk it up to being young and kinda new to this whole thing. I mean, I haven't ever been unemployed since I was 16 and I have gotten every job I've interviewed for since then. I just really hope one of these comes through for me. I've had the worst year ever...

Found out my dad had stage 4 lung cancer, uncle died, dad died, lost job, broke up with boyfriend, grandmom died...this year blows...I need something good to happen!

• cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Good luck!
  • DedachanDedachan Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Good luck, though I think you may not even need any. The recruiter seems impressed with you.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    So I've been out of work for a while (since September 21) I've been job hunting but not too hard because I was being paid severance as well as unemployment(yes it is legal under PA law, look it up!)

I turned a job down a few months ago because the pay wasn't good and I didn't feel it necessary to take something that didn't pay well at the time. But I've had a few interviews lately and they haven't amounted to anything. There was this one job at a major bank that I really really wanted and I thought the interview went so well!

I told my cousin about the job and had her apply as well. When she applied she had to do an assessment and she didn't understand any of it so I did it for her. She went in for an interview and got the job...but I didn't :( wtf?!

I was bummed and felt like I shouldn't have helped her but it was the right thing to do I guess.

Anyway I received a call today from the same recruiter saying they has another position open and they wanted me to come in. She made it sound like I all but have the job and it starts on 2/6. Then an hour later she emailed me again and said she has the same position I already interviewed for open as well and wants me to come in for an interview tomorrow morning because the job starts 1/9.

I really want the one that starts on the 9th, but either will do as severance runs out at the end of the month and unemployment just won't be enough for the lifestyle that I live. Please wish me luck that one of these comes through!!!!!

What "lifestyle?" I understand someone saying that unemployment makes it difficult to meet expenses or support themself, so if that's what you mean, I get it, but otherwise, if your "lifestyle" was of such great importance, it seems strange that you turned the other job down (I thought that was a bad idea then.) Anyway, nothing you can do about that now, so good luck, and it does sound like they are impressed with you.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• bananashakebananashake Posts: 65Registered Users
    Good luck Sweetie!!! As cliche as this sounds, everything happens for a reason. You will get through this and will someday understand "why"/

I lived in PA and am planning on visiting soon. Scranton area. If you are close to the Scranton area, we should grab a drink!!
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Curl Connoisseur Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Good luck! :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    You can't look back!

Good luck!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file