henna dye or lemon juice?

ceb002ceb002 Posts: 22Registered Users
I tried using lemon juice to dye my hair I tried it for about 2 weeks, it stayed died for 2 months, should I dye my hair with henna dye or with lemon juice again, how long does henna dye last, is it cg method approved?

Comments

• SayoonSayoon Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ceb002 wrote: »
    I tried using lemon juice to dye my hair I tried it for about 2 weeks, it stayed died for 2 months, should I dye my hair with henna dye or with lemon juice again, how long does henna dye last, is it cg method approved?

Duh henna.. It gives a shade of red n brown or lighter depends on ur hair n what u add to henna , it could also give black
    My dear lemon will dry ur hair like crazy and dye ummm I just see more bads than goods in it
  • SusieSuzeSusieSuze Posts: 524Registered Users
    Lemon juice can speed the lightening of your hair in the sun. It is very acidic, which means it punches micro holes in your hair shaft and permanently damages it.

Henna does not lighten and only comes in one colour.. Red. It does not lighten the hair at all and does not damage it, but it does act like a protein treatment. If you hair is very porous, you can experience breakage with henna, it can over strengthen the hair which can make it brittle. Most people find henna to be really awesome, as it gives a sleek glossy shine and feel, and beautiful colour if you want red.

Any 'henna' that says it is brown or black will have other herbs in it, or will even have metallic salt dyes in it which are dangerous.

Before embarking on henna, do your research and KNOW what you are buying.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file