New Year's Eve: What are your plans?

CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I think I might go to First Night and then to a house party for the ball drop. What are you doing? Anyone else struggle to stay up past midnight?

28kudll.gif
Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

Comments

• SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Work. So, I'm always up past midnight.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    This year, I'm planning on a quiet NYE. I'll probably go to my BFF's place to watch the ball drop on TV.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,406Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No idea yet. I have no problem staying up since I love the night. I'm usually at a club drinking and dancing. Will do that or go to a house party this year. Not too excited though.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    stay home, go to bed early and pretend it isn't happening...
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Low-key game night at my BIL and SIL's house.

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Fondue and a movie with the kidlets.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Pretty certain we're going to an Irish bar down the street from my house.

Live Irish music, (fairly) authentic Irish food--and TWO midnights at 7 p.m. (in Ireland) and midnight.
    leprechaun.gif
  • Mimi2010Mimi2010 Posts: 189Registered Users
    I will be cooking gumbo as always and spending time with the family.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    My friends and I might be dressing up in 80's outfits and going all-night bowling? :laughing6:

Why 80's outfits and why bowling? Your guess is as good as mine. lol

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    rouquinne wrote: »
    stay home, go to bed early and pretend it isn't happening...

Me too. I'm not a fan of new year but I can't go out this year because of the risk of crowds bumping into me.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    Late dinner at a fun loungey restaurant not far from home. I'm hoping they give out noise makers and party hats and stuff. I like being out and in the crowd for NYE, but at the same time I don't like standing at a crowded bar and being jostled and not being able to hear anyone. The late dinner seems to be the best of both worlds--I did it last year too, and it was a blast. Last year there were I think 6 of us (4 singles, my boyfriend, and me), this year just 2 couples.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Working until 7. I don't like partying out because it's amateur hour out there with crazy folks.

If something comes up at a friend's, I'll go, and if not, I'll stay in. BF starts a new job tomorrow and doesn't know if he's working yet.

Siri types my posts for me.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nada. But I don't like to do things on New Years. Everyplace is packed, restaurants hike up their prices for the night. I don't mind that I have the girls. Maybe boyfriend and I will get some champagne and toast the new year. And go to bed. :)

Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Was hoping to do our usual w/ curling up on the bed w/ hubby, watching tv, having some champagne.
    I've got a bout of pancreatitis and am trying to stay out of the hospital :sad6:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    NYE is my daughter's birthday, so it's all about her that night. We usually have a great dinner in, big cake, gifts, then do a craft, watch movies, watch the ball drop, and send them to bed. I'm hoping when she's old enough to go out on her birthday, I will be able to go out also...elsewhere.
  • texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Staying in with the pup. TBS is having a Big Bang Theory marathon on NYE...sounds like a good plan to me. :love7:
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I'm hoping I manage to resist the invitations to various different places and stay home alone. Neighbors are having a party, but given I've been wheezing and sneezing a lot hanging out by a bonfire and around smokers sounds like an unwise choice. I have some parties, concerts and other events friends invited me to as well... but this year I feel physically worn out because I've been pushing myself hard to get more fit, and staying home to relax, alone, when I have spent most of my time with other people, sounds really, really great to me.
    I say I'm staying home alone every year, and don't think I have managed as an adult yet. But I hope I stick to it this year!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It will probably be a quiet night for me--I sing in a choir so I have to get up Sunday morning by about 6:30am. Sadly boring, but after the insanity of the last few months I'm almost looking forward to boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Posts: 1,024Registered Users
    Working at a Mexican food joint by the college, so probably just screaming at drunks
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    texascurly wrote: »
    Staying in with the pup. TBS is having a Big Bang Theory marathon on NYE...sounds like a good plan to me. :love7:

We have no plans, so the Big Bang Theory marathon is what we will be doing as well. That's a good night to me!
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    The family and I normally go to SIL's house because her husband's birthday is on the 30th so she has a bash for both. She lives a bit out of the way (over 20 minutes). The night usually ends up with DH and I fighting, I don't drink, and have a miserable time and drive home exhausted. Fun. :angry3:

SIL is stressed out this year and its doubtful we will go up this year, so I'll probably try and do something quiet but fun with just the four of us. And most likely I'll fall asleep before 12 which is fine by me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Dinner out with friends and then seeing the Alvin Ailey Dance Troupe!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    Well, those plans fell through! Now a friend and I are trying to find something to do... There's like nothing to do in this city on NYE unless you're 21+, or want to spend the night freezing your butt off outside! So frustrating. :angry7:

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
    SCG wrote: »
    Well, those plans fell through! Now a friend and I are trying to find something to do... There's like nothing to do in this city on NYE unless you're 21+, or want to spend the night freezing your butt off outside! So frustrating. :angry7:

Well, it's pretty warm if you wanted to do First Night.

Yeah that is true! Don't mind me, I'm in a particularly complain-y mood today. :tongue5:

I think we'll probably do First Night... Unless it's raining!

Yeah that is true! Don't mind me, I'm in a particularly complain-y mood today. :tongue5:

I think we'll probably do First Night... Unless it's raining!

Rain would put me off too.

• cailincailin Posts: 928Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My best friend and I started getting together for NYE abt 10years ago. It started off beacuse we never could get together at Xmas to exchange gifts.

It's become a thing now, we stay in watch movies, play board games drink eat and be merry. It's more fun than trying to venture out in the cold and spending a ton of money to get in somewhere (Boston).

Some years it's just myself, my friend and her wife..some years it's a whole houseful but we always have a good time!
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    I'm having one of my closest friends over (I'm plowing through the random objects in my room like mad to make room to roll out my trundle bed since it's better than having to deal with New Year's Eve drivers - this room wasn't always mine so I don't have any idea what some of it is. There's an old gigantor computer monitor, for example - whose was that? Does it even work anymore?) and we're gonna watch movies - we'll probably watch BBC's Pride and Prejudice like we did last year. Even though she watched it again recently, she says she's totally up for seeing it again, so it may become our New Year's tradition/addiction even if we end up in different places. We'll likely also turn on the TV for the final countdown to the ball dropping in Times Square.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm working until 1am, unfortunately so I will be ringing in the NY alone at my desk. I'm going to be festive and wear glitter e/s and my metallic lingerie under my work clothes though lol

Sent from The Brick
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    ringing it in alone on my computer. or :sleepy2:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file