Not My Mama's Meals

wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Last night I saw a commercial for Bobby Deen's new Cooking Channel show "Not My Mama's Meals". He's going to be making over his mother's dishes so they aren't, so... butter-tacular.

Has anyone else heard about this? What do you think? To me it looks like half the butter, half the personality and one-tenth the fun that anything Paula does.
2C/3A -- wurly!

Comments

• TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I did see a commercial for the show, but that whole family irritates me, so interest in watching = nil, zero, zip, zilch, nada, nein, nyet... and so on and so forth.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Just because you cut the butter down doesn't make it healthy. I've seen some promo for it. I can't 100% dislike Paula or her boys because even though she annoys me, she feels like home to me. I grew up eating things likes she cooks my mom is absolutely nutso about her.

Semi-related; the cashier at Target yesterday asked where we're from (we live in CA) and after telling her GA, she asked if we like Paula Deen. :lol:

Mrs. Paula is our state bird, y'all! It was cute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've seen Bobby on Paula's shows and he has made healthier dishes, but none of them seemed particularly exciting.

Paula is too cute. Do you ever get a chance to watch older Paula episodes? It's way weird. Her outfits are more plain, her hairstyle is more conservative, the makeup more subtle, the accent more subdued. Food Network really turns people into caricatures of themselves.
    2C/3A -- wurly!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file