Titanic Memorial Cruise

misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
titanic.jpg

Link

Thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hmmmm...how authentic is it? Am I going to get wet?
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Well, they do say that no collisions are planned. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KikapooKikapoo Posts: 1,087Registered Users
    misspam wrote: »
    Well, they do say that no collisions are planned. lol

I'm pretty sure they said that about the original Titanic as well...
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Seems nutty to me, but I'm not surprised it's sold out.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    I think it sounds cool, I hope someone makes a documentary on it cuz Id love to see! I think it would feel surreal to be in board. I'd be a little freaked though, not gonna lie.

Posted from my "smart"phone. 'Scuse crazy typos
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't like the idea. Seems voyeuristic to me. Let's all enjoy this tragedy.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    curlypearl wrote: »

This was my initial reaction as well. It just feels kind of...in bad taste? They're recreating details of the voyage, like the menu and the music. Passengers are encouraged to wear period dress.

I dunno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh, UGH!
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    One member on the cruisecritic.co.uk forum, with the username dd714, hit out at the self-confessed Titanic 'fans': 'I like the idea of a costume party, yeah yeah. Now tell me - who will be dressing up as my wife’s great grandfather?

'More specifically, who will be taking a memorial plunge in the 30 degree [fahrenheit] Atlantic ocean at the place where he met his death 98 years ago to experience what was described by survivors as “a thousand knives going into the body"?'

The member went on to criticise the use of the word 'fan' in relation to the Titanic, claiming it was inappropriate to 'have five days of party' in memory of a disaster.

Comparing the tragedy to the likes of the World Trade Centre attack, he goes on to say that 'a costume party at ground zero, complete with partiers dressed as firemen' would never happen.

Link
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Only if Leo is my bunkmate...
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte

This was my initial reaction as well. It just feels kind of...in bad taste? They're recreating details of the voyage, like the menu and the music. Passengers are encouraged to wear period dress.

I dunno.
    How is much different than say battlefield reenactments?

It would be, eerie, maybe but the historical experience interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
    Spider wrote: »

I dunno.
    How is much different than say battlefield reenactments?

It would be, eerie, maybe but the historical experience interesting.

Living in Virginia where we are surrounded with Civil War battlefields and annual reenactments, I did think of that exact analogy as I was trying to figure out my distaste for this cruise. I'm not even sure I can articulate it well. It just seems different, more of a party atmosphere maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It seems different to me also, but I'm not sure I can put my finger on it.

People may hate going to war, but for many soldiers there is a belief in what they are doing and a sense that it is "right," or that there is some reason behind it - for example to defend their country. No sense at all in drowning or freezing to death.

Some historical experiences just don't lend themselves well to reenactment, IMHO. Would you want to recreate the bombing of Hiroshima and have people staggering around with fake radiation burns? How about the middle passage (slave trade) being reenacted for fun and games?
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    Can anyone recommend me a good active volcano? I'm thinking of launching the world's first Pompeii theme park.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file