Good luck needed! Update post #16!

cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
I got a call yesterday from an agency different from the one I currently work for wanting me to come in for an interview. I agreed because while I really like my current job and the people I work for, the salary is atrocious- about 15k less than I am worth given my skill set and experience. I know salaries are typically lower in this area but I really need good vibes that 1) the agency is a good match philosophically and b) they offer 10k more than I am currently earning.

The interview is tomorrow.

Thanks.

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Good luck - I know you could really use a break, and I also know you have a ton to offer and will do really well!!!!!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Best of luck Cosmicfly. Wow - good news on this website today!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Sending good luck vibes your way!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Good luck - I hope it works out for you !!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Thanks you guys.... I am grateful to have a job in the current economy, but being underemployed (in terms of salary) while working more than a full time schedule is a bit demoralizing. They called out of the blue; I haven't sent any resumes out lately.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Good luck! I'll be thinking of you.
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    Good luck.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Best of luck!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Good luck! You deserve a break!
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Good luck!
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Good luck!
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    People are really hiring again....there's a hiring blitz at my job. Get 'em while the getting's good. Never know when hiring freezes will be back on again.

Good luck. :)

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,155Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    The fact that they have called you out of the blue seems to bode well imo. Sending good luck your way.
    3b in South Australia.
    A former collaborating teacher of mine works for them, and she had dropped my name during her hiring process this summer/ fall but not since. This is kind of cool; I'm not even really nervous. Typically formal social type situations with grown people freak me out, hehe. I'm only wondering what kind of interview it will be (formal vs. informal, I've definitely had both). I'm meeting with the vice president, not a group of therapists, which usually means fewer clinical type questions ime and maybe just an interview to see if I am a good match.

As an aside, I wanted to wear the new boots I ordered but they are not here yet. I wonder if I can zip my old ones :error:
    The interview went very well- it's for a position that starts in September, it is 10k more than my current job, and they will pay for me to complete my bilingual extension (I'm lacking one or two classes for the official extension on my certificate). So while it's not immediate, at least I have something to look forward to next year!!!
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I'm really glad it went well!
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Woohoo! :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Awesome!!
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That's great!! Congratulations. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    Thanks guys. I was nervous about asking for so much more money than I currently earn but she said with my skill set and experience, the number was doable. I had lunch with my friend who works for them afterwards and she is really happy so far. I'm excited, even though it is a way off, she said if I needed to move sooner, we could work it out. I'm glad I will be able to finish out the school year though, my Spanish speaking families really depend on me (there isn't much available in the way of interpretation out here) and I would have hated to leave them in the middle of a school year.
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    Congratulations. I'm very happy for you.
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,155Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm glad it worked out well for you. What a great way to start a new year.
    3b in South Australia.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congrats!!!

My fat thumb will make mistakes.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Awesome! Def a great way to start the new year :cool:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file