3b/c hair what products should I use ?!?!

CurlyKiKi97CurlyKiKi97 Posts: 33Registered Users
I have a mixture of 3b and 3c hair and I just recently started wearing my hair curly I'm not sure what products would be best . My hair is long and can be really dry at times .

Comments

• JJJungleJimJJJungleJim Posts: 60Registered Users
    Your hair sounds very similar to mine. I will tell you what products I use, but everyone's hair is different. You just have to experiment and see what works for your hair.

I shampoo no more than once per week, sometimes less often. Every 3 days or so, I rinse my hair and put in a rinse-out conditioner. Currently using either Tresemme' Naturals or Matrix Moisture Hydration. I'm not sure if I want to keep using the Tresemme', but the Matrix appears to work well. ( I think the Tresemme' may be causing dandruff).

I put in two leave-ins: Kinky Curly Knot Today (love it) and Yes to Carrots. I dry my hair some with a tea towel but mostly let it air dry.
    3B/3C hair, very dry
    shoulder-length
    coloured strawberry blonde with lighter blonde and red stripes

"I've had enough. This is my prayer. That I'll die living just as free as my hair."
  • jamaicacurljamaicacurl Posts: 130Registered Users
    A lot of trial an error is involved when figuring out what works best for YOUR hair. I would say to use oils such as evoo and/or coconut oil to do hot oil treatments. Idk if you are going to do the CG method strictly but if so, get a sulfate-free shampoo. If you find that a conditioner with silicones works really well for you though, get a good sulfate shampoo.
    As for stylers, there's a lot of trial and error there. Especially as the weather changes. Currently I am using products from the Shea Moisture line with good results. HTH!
    CG since 8/8/09
    Tried & True products:
    *Suave Tropical Coconut
    *Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
    *GVP Conditioning Balm
    *Taliah Waajid Crinkles & Curls
    *Elasta QP Feels Like Silk gel
    *Coconut Oil
    *EVOO
    [/color]
    Check out my online store of handmade accessories: www.jcurlsthisnthat.etsy.com
    :flower:
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Determining your texture and porosity is more helpful then going by curl type. Here's a site to help: Live Curly Live Free - Home Once you determine your texture and porosity, look for folks with hair like yours and see what they use (in signature.) It's the best way to start the trial and error process.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file