This is awesome

NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
"...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg

Comments

• roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    She's adorable and she's absolutely right, too!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm deleting my posts on the non hair section (that don't involve nail polish) because of NC.com's policy on quoting us on other parts of their site.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    I can't click on the link, but I'm guessing it's the little girl ranting about gender-specific toys?
    She was adorable and even if she was coached by dad, as certain killjoys pointed out, so what? That's kind of what parents do. They teach values to their kids. Heck, my favorite part of the video is how wonderful her dad seems.
    The sad part of the video is that this little girl still can't process the idea that boys might like pink and princesses. The idea that things that are "feminine" and targeted towards women are inherently inferior so that only women can possibly like them is incredibly pervasive.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    pedaheh wrote: »
    I could write a three page rant on this very subject. But I have nothing to say that hasn't been said a hundred times before.
    O.K. I'll make one point and then shut up. When I was a kid they had Wonder Woman on TV and every girl my age just flipped out. You can still slap a Wonder Woman logo on something and adult women my age will buy it. There is a lot of money to be made from a female super hero show where the female is the actual lead character and not just a side kick. Why do we still need to convince people of this in 2011?
    Hee, yeah, when Mac did its WW promotion I bought some stuff.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    pedaheh wrote: »
    I could write a three page rant on this very subject. But I have nothing to say that hasn't been said a hundred times before.
    O.K. I'll make one point and then shut up. When I was a kid they had Wonder Woman on TV and every girl my age just flipped out. You can still slap a Wonder Woman logo on something and adult women my age will buy it. There is a lot of money to be made from a female super hero show where the female is the actual lead character and not just a side kick. Why do we still need to convince people of this in 2011?

Legend of Korra. Hell yeah. 2012 can't get here soon enough. Korra looks awesome --- actual muscles and athletic build, no ridiculously revealing clothing.
    But you can find plenty of comments from fanboys whining about how it sucks the creators decided to have a female lead. Thankfully, they're the minority and hopefully the show will have the audience it deserves.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file