Suddenly oily hair?

jurlyjurly Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi everyone!

The past couple of weeks my hair has been getting oily at the crown. I also have a bit of flakiness just in front of my forehead where my bangs are. I never had any issues before. I could go 2 or 3 days without washing my hair and it wouldn't be the slightest bit greasy - now within a few hours of washing it, it starts to get oily. This happened overnight...

I use DevaCurl No-Poo daily (just running a bit of it through my hair every day and once a week really washing and rubbing it into my scalp) and LA Looks Curl gel. Haven't changed products. I tried clarifying with baking soda, which helped for a few days but then the greasiness came back.

So what would be causing this? Could it be a hormone imbalance, by any chance? (I have quite a few symptoms of that but have never been checked.) Some other health problem? What can I do about it?

Comments

• SayoonSayoon Curl Neophyte Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I dunno :( but if ur hair is long it tends to be oily on the scalp , I heard a girl here saying that when ur hair acts like that it means it's growing, like it's a sign of it's getting long, I srsly dunno maybe it's winter too :) why don't you check with a doctor if it's worrying you , and I hope u get the right answers :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file