Starting CG Today

wednesdaywednesday Registered Users Posts: 53
So...today I'm starting the Curly Girl Method. Yay :)

I have 2b/2c curls that are very weird. My hair is short, shorter and completely straight in the back, with some ringlets and waves in the front. I've been using sulfate/paraben free products for years now, but never done CG before as my hair just started to curl in April. I saw some CG before an after pics and thought it was worth a shot.

This is what I will be doing:

1. The Product Process Every Other Day
Cowash- Yes to Cucumbers Conditioner

Condition- Yes to Cucumbers Conditioner (comb through it here)

Leave-in- Fairy Tales Energizing Leave-In (has proteins, though, so I might just use the YTC as a leave-in if my hair doesn't react well to it)

Gel- Fairy Tales Curly Q Curl Making Gel

2. Rules
*stop towel drying
*stop touching hair when wet
*stop over-scrunching
*start using a satin pillow case or bonnet (if I can)
*start pineappling at night (when my hair grows out)
*only use a wide toothed comb and when hair is wet

I'm going to let my hair grow out. I've decided, since my last cut was around November, to not cut it at all for at least a year.

I don't know why I posted this...maybe as just a reference for me in case I forget what I need to do to stay CG.

I guess I also just wanted to say thanks to all of you on this website for helping me learn how to do this!!:hello2:

Anyway...I guess we'll see what happens. I know some people use shampoos to clarify, but that shampoo I have is super drying, and I don't really want to use it, even once I week. I also don't feel like spending more money on products, haha.

So yeah.

Thanks!
-Straight hair until 4/11
-Started CG 12/26/11

Co-wash/RO/LI: Beautiful Curls Leave-In Conditioner for Wavy to Curly Hair
Gel: Beautiful Curls Hair Gel

Routine...
-cowash/condition/leave-in condition
-comb hair
-supersoak and apply KCCC
-plop for 15-20 min
-plop a pineapple overnight
-just pineapple for second day hair

Short 2b and growing out!
Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Kurlygirly0204Kurlygirly0204 Registered Users Posts: 50
    Actually I will warn u not to comb ur hair even If it's wet because that causes split ends.
    I have the curly girl second edition book and Lorraine Massey says that u should never comb ur hair whether it's wet or dry. Only wit your fingers.
    And there is no such thing as over scrunching. Lol
    I can help you with CG because I have used it for a while. Ask me any questions ;)
  • wednesdaywednesday Registered Users Posts: 53
    Oh, thank you so much for your advice!
    One last question...do you have to use a low poo every once in a while? Right now I'm just using two products--YTC Conditioner as a co-wash, conditioner, and leave-in and KCCC as a styler. Will these leave me greasy? Should I low poo once a week?

Again, thank you!
    -Straight hair until 4/11
    -Started CG 12/26/11

Co-wash/RO/LI: Beautiful Curls Leave-In Conditioner for Wavy to Curly Hair
    Gel: Beautiful Curls Hair Gel

Routine...
    -cowash/condition/leave-in condition
    -comb hair
    -supersoak and apply KCCC
    -plop for 15-20 min
    -plop a pineapple overnight
    -just pineapple for second day hair

Short 2b and growing out!
    Thanks for reading :)
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    Low-poo frequency is definitely a personal preference- if you feel like your hair needs it, then go for it. I personally low-poo twice a week (2 hours of martial arts almost every day-- co-washing just doesn't always cut it). I've seen other people post their routines and they low-poo once a month. As you get more familiar with what makes your hair happy you'll figure out a schedule that works for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file