We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Curl talk app vs. Curl talk computer version

happynappyhappyhappynappyhappy Posts: 122Registered Users
Which do you like better the app or CPU version of curl talk. I will start I like the app because I can see all my posts at once and see new topics as they came in. And swicth border quickliy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using CurlTalk App
4a in the top of my head/3c in the back of my head
Last relaxer July 1st ,2011 :happy2:
Big chop September 30th ,2011 :angry5:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FNaturalafrochick%3Ffeature%3Dguide" class="Popup
follow me on twitter @Naturalafrochic

showing off my twa for now!!

uawe6vf1c.png
ziwjh0re4.png

Comments

• NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    I like the app for convenience sake because I'd hardly ever get on if it weren't for this!
    That said, I like the full version to get the full effect. Likes, and especially when someone says "especially the bolded" or something like that. I'm like WHERE! What bolded!? :( cuz you can't see that stuff on here lol

Posted from my "smart"phone. 'Scuse crazy typos
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    The app is good for convenience and I love how easy posting pics is, but I do prefer the original. The app is very buggy for me.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,022Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I'm sorry for the troubles with the app version, Saria. I know it's in the queue to be addressed.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • happynappyhappyhappynappyhappy Posts: 122Registered Users

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FNaturalafrochick%3Ffeature%3Dguide" class="Popup

uawe6vf1c.png
    ziwjh0re4.png
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Oh, I'm not complaining, Gretchen.:)
    You guys do a great job, and the app is really cool and works well, for the most part.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Saria wrote: »
    The app is good for convenience and I love how easy posting pics is, but I do prefer the original. The app is very buggy for me.

Exactly this.

Also can we have a like feature on the app?
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    I really like the app bc its convenient, easy to use, and I like that you can see the most recent post. The only thing that would make it better is if you could check out what's on the front page like the computer version.

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,677Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like accessing via Tapatalk better than the actual CurlTalk app. Only bad is that it costs $2.99 for Tapatalk through app store. But someone mentioned it's $0.99 thru Amazon.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • NaturalfinallyNaturalfinally Posts: 516Registered Users
    I like the CPU better for the pics, icons and bold items. I like the app for the convenience.
    BC'ed - Jan 09
    Hair Type: 4A-3C Crown
    Hair Texture: Fine, Thin
    Hair Density: Medium - Thin Crown
    Porosity: Low
    Co-wash: Sauve Coconut and/or Clarifying, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
    Leave-In: GDLI, YTCLI, KBB, KCNT
    Moisturizers: QBRBC, KBB, Glycerin, SMCS,SMDM
    DT: AOGPB, AOBGA, GEPT, TJNS, YTC, Henna, Alma, Brahmi, Maka, Tulsi, Kalpori
    Sealant: EVOO, Jojoba, Grapeseed, JBCO, Herbal Oil - Hesh Herbal Oils

** Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.*** :angel11:
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I love the app for ease of attaching pics. My biggest issue on the app is not being able to see what has been bolded and not being able to bold.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • happynappyhappyhappynappyhappy Posts: 122Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote: »
    I love the app for ease of attaching pics. My biggest issue on the app is not being able to see what has been bolded and not being able to bold.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Me too its so easy I like the app way better

uawe6vf1c.png
    ziwjh0re4.png
  • LizardlooLizardloo Posts: 75Registered Users
    I like to read the forum on my iPad, so I've been using tapatalk. The app is for iPhones and it too small on the iPad.
    Mod CG
    Normal 2b, my hair loves protein right now!

LowPoo/NoPoo: Renpure (green or red), BB, Deva NoPoo
    RO: OneC, Y2Cu
    Leave In: Y2Cu, CG Beauticulrs
    Style: CIAB, Garnier pure clean gel, AIF, SS CEJ, CCCL
    PT: Ion Effective Care or IAGirls' PT
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I came across this thread while trying to Google the differences between the Curltalk app and Tapatalk app. It's down to .99 from $2.99. Is it any better than the Curltalk app?

Thanks.
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't have the tapatalk bc the Curltalk app was free. I like the app on my Android, my only issues are not being able to see animated gifs, and not getting likes. Otherwise the app is easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rainboerainboe Posts: 284Registered Users
    I like the computer version more. In the app I can't like things or see if I have any likes. Also, obviously I wish there was a feature where we could look at signatures. Like, after each person's post there could be a little button to expand and collapse a person's signature. The app is still pretty great though, because I can visit when I'm out bored somewhere. I'm on the app right now. :)
    Fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity. Dyed to brown a few months ago.
    Lowpoo: Trader Joe's TTT Shampoo
    Rinse Out:
    Yes to Carrots, AOHR, Aubrey Organics Rosemary Peppermint
    LI: Yes to Carrots
    Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, LA Looks Sports, Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Mousse
    True about the gifs. I'll read something on the app, see the thread again from my desktop, and then: :sign7: stuff starts to make sense.

Thanks for responding. I think I'll stay with the freebie Curltalk app, which seems to work pretty well.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Medussa!!! I've missed you!
    Minneapolis, MN
    Poodlehead wrote: »
    Medussa!!! I've missed you!

I've missed you!!! You won't believe me but I was thinking about you this morning. Seriously. It feels like we haven't connected in a really long time.
  • dovecurldovecurl Posts: 79Registered Users
    I like the app when it works. I wish I could see signatures though!
    curl type: 2c/3a
    porosity: low
    hair strand width: medium
    density: thick
    elasticity: low-normal
    Shoulder length

Ready to get back on the CG bandwagon! :iconbiggrin:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file