Gels...?

I'm not sure what kind of gel to use. Should I use a thick gel like EcoStyler or a thin, liquid kind of gel? I recently bought CJ CIAB and didn't notice that it had the water soluable dimethicone...(PEG8 I think). I'm not sure whether to use it or not. I'm thinking of using it because it is water soluable. I mixed my EcoStyler with Keracare Natural Textures and it defined my curls lovely, but once dried my hair was dry didn't feel soft at all. I tried to scrunch my hair was still hard. I hated it, but my hair was defined and lasted at least 3 days. So, I don't know what to think. Maybe I could mix some water with the EcoStyler mix (I saw a sidenote in the CG book) to thin it out a bit.

I need help!!!

:wav:

Comments

• KinkyKhamiKinkyKhami Registered Users Posts: 62
    KinkyKhami wrote: »
    I'm not sure what kind of gel to use. Should I use a thick gel like EcoStyler or a thin, liquid kind of gel? I recently bought CJ CIAB and didn't notice that it had the water soluable dimethicone...(PEG8 I think). I'm not sure whether to use it or not. I'm thinking of using it because it is water soluable. I mixed my EcoStyler with Keracare Natural Textures and it defined my curls lovely, but once dried my hair was dry didn't feel soft at all. I tried to scrunch my hair was still hard. I hated it, but my hair was defined and lasted at least 3 days. So, I don't know what to think. Maybe I could mix some water with the EcoStyler mix (I saw a sidenote in the CG book) to thin it out a bit.

I need help!!!

Or better yet should I leave the gel alone?
  • favoritecolorblufavoritecolorblu Registered Users Posts: 287

I need help!!!

I don't like Eco styled because it dries hard. I use Long Aid gel.
  • KinkyKhamiKinkyKhami Registered Users Posts: 62

I need help!!!

I don't like Eco styled because it dries hard. I use Long Aid gel.

You mean the Long Aid curl activator gel that comes in a jar or the bottle? I haven't seen it around in a while, but does it have cones or alcohols?
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Curl Neophyte
    No cones or alcohol and it dries soft. It comes in regular (blue label) and supposedly for extra dry hair that has hydrolyzed wheat protein (green label). It's sold in 10, 16, and 32oz jars. The 32oz jar is around $6 at Walmart. It is CG friendly and water soluable. It defines curls and adds moisture with a soft hold.

How do i know these things? Long Aid is one of my holy grail products. :) I KEEP a 32oz jar in the house!

Jen :D

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • wholelottalovewholelottalove Registered Users Posts: 168
    I was having a really hard time finding a gel I could tolerate, let alone love. But KCCC is AMAZING.

Sent from my "smart" phone.
    3a
    medium/thick
    Loves protein and oils

Low-poo: MopTop gentle shampoo
    Co-wash: CJDF, Jessicurl Aloeba
    RO: Jessicurl Too Shea, MopTop daily conditioner, CJ rehab, CJ strengthening
    LI: ^^^
    DT: Jessicurl WDT, SS Deeply Decadent
    PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 min
    Oils: argan, sweet almond, jessicurl oil blend
    Stylers: SS firm hold, SS curl enhancing jelly, Kiss My Face Upper Management gel, AG Recoil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file