Hair Styles

LadyBellLadyBell Posts: 2Registered Users
I absolutely love my hair, but I tend to wear it exactly the same way every day- down and with no pizazz. I have been researching some new hairstyles, and found this gem, which works beautifully on my head.

Gibson Tuck:
Gibson tuck / Edwardian hairstyle - YouTube

What are some of your favorite styles?

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Some of the other videos pictured remind me of this hairstyle:

The Freelancer's Fashionblog: HAIRDO's #7 - THE ETERNAL ROLL

I used to do the above hairstyle sometimes, but I actually used something as the foundation for the roll.

When I was very little (1970's), this style was worn sometimes and I vaguely remember my aunt and her friends mention doing it with a tube top.

An actual tube top is too large for my tiny head but I have used something similar (can't remember what it was, though--a sock? stretchy cloth headband? arrgh!!!)

I really love this hairstyle but I've never tried it curly. What's stopping me from going right now to try it? LOL be right back!!!

P.S. There's an actual website out there where the foundations for many of the buns and rolls can be purchased. Haven't been there in years but I will check to see what's out there.
  • jamaicacurljamaicacurl Posts: 130Registered Users
    LadyBell wrote: »
    I absolutely love my hair, but I tend to wear it exactly the same way every day- down and with no pizazz. I have been researching some new hairstyles, and found this gem, which works beautifully on my head.

Gibson Tuck:
    Gibson tuck / Edwardian hairstyle - YouTube

What are some of your favorite styles?
    That's really cute!
    CG since 8/8/09
    Tried & True products:
    *Suave Tropical Coconut
    *Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
    *GVP Conditioning Balm
    *Taliah Waajid Crinkles & Curls
    *Elasta QP Feels Like Silk gel
    *Coconut Oil
    *EVOO
    [/color]
    Check out my online store of handmade accessories: www.jcurlsthisnthat.etsy.com
    :flower:
  • LadyBellLadyBell Posts: 2Registered Users
    Sinistral- That is wonderful! I am, in fact, going to try it!
    JamaicaCurl- It really is!
  • CurlyQTPieCurlyQTPie Posts: 447Registered Users
    A Curl's Best Friend has some cute style tutorials that work for all different curl types. I've also found some good YouTube tutorials. I particularly like Taryn916's hair and style.
    3B with some 3a. Fell off but am now back on the CG bandwagon and looking for my HG products.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file