For those not with family/friends

goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
How are you spending your day?

My husband is working today & tomorrow, so I'm home with our son. I don't like imposing on others holiday with their family so I'm just spending the days with him. A friend may come over later, since her husband is working today too.

I plan to bake cookies with my son today, and let him play with toys and watch the Disney parade tomorrow.

My husband also worked Thanksgiving this year :(
Poodlehead wrote:
Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:

Comments

• gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    My roommate and I are going out for Christmas brunch, then hanging out all day watching movies. We'll take the dogs to the beach and that's it.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    gekko, please someday shoot some video of the new girl running; I'll bet she's a gorgeous sight in motion.
    As for goldy's question, I'm off to church tonight to sing carols. Tomorrow is a movie fest: Xmas Carol; 30 Rock; Rumpole.

I enjoy the peace.

I hope all have a lovely, happy day, regardless of whom they're with (and that includes pets, since I'll be with dogs).
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's just me, my sister and my BIL. I wish there were more of us to celebrate, but our parents live abroad and my BIL's mother has depression and doesn't really want to see anyone and his sister has three parties to go to.
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We had Christmas with boyfriends family last night. That was lots of fun. Tonight and tomorrow morning I'm having Christmas with my girls, and then they're going to their fathers around noon-ish.

Boyfriend and I will spend the remainder of the day chilling out, watching movies and such.

I can't wait! :)

Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Had a movie marathon today: Young Adult followed by The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Walked in Barnes & Noble and walked right out....too busy. Had fast food (Chick-fil-a) for the first time in months. Paid rent for January. LOL

Pretty boring day. I was going to make a nice dinner but all the people in grocery stores are acting like it's Armageddon. Oh well. Tomorrow I'll probably sleep in and watch tv, maybe do some online shopping. I want to buy a treadmill or elliptical.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's just me and hubby this year and normally I'm totally cool with that because we'd already have a trip to GA planned in January to see family so I knew that was coming up. This year I'm pretty homesick since moving to CA...we haven't quite figured out the logistics of flying home (we always drove and took the dog with us) and what we will do with our little guy (dog) that has back problems. It's not so easy to board him at a kennel where I have no idea if they'll be as careful with him as necessary. I've wracked my brain and haven't figured out a solution yet, so knowing that we don't have that trip home planned to see family is bumming me out.

However, I am very grateful to have a wonderful person to spend the holidays with. :) We'll just be hanging out around the house today and tomorrow, but Monday he's been warned there is a shopping trip planned to hunt for marked down artificial garland for the front porch! :lol: Poor guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, for some fargo reason I got all weepy yesterday.
    It took me 5 times to get out what I wanted to tell him w/o breaking down...gah
    It is hard and as I said make that decision.
    I don't think you'll regret it...g/l and gb :)
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just me and my sons - had our day yesterday so I have cleanup and rest planned.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well we were able to spend a little time with my husband this morning before he left for work. Watching our son rip through gifts was quite fun!

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Now should I still give a Chanukah gift tonight? This Chanukah falling during Christmas is a bit difficult when your family celebrates both :)
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sure; what the heck. As long as he knows what Xmas and Hanukkah are really about, presents for both holidays sounds nice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file