Great idea!

Oliver TwistOliver Twist Posts: 11Registered Users
How about a couple extra forums within the board for hair types? Like thick & coarse, thin & fine, etc. Ya know, it would really be great for people with certain hair types sharing and searching for the perfect product.

How 'bout it??? :P

Comments

• waviecurliewaviecurlie Posts: 5Registered Users
    I would love to see a forum about different hair types. One is good for one head might be really aweful for another.. and could even cause a few inocent mistakes that could cost money and time. So I vote for this idea :)
    3A fine thick
    Devacon No Poo
    Devacon One Conditioner with honey
    Rusk Being Gutsy and ISO Multi Texture Cream
    Gelebrations and Biolage Glaze
    Aveda Detox Shampoo one time per week.
  • BunnyBunny Posts: 93Registered Users
    I like that idea too!!!!
    My hair type: 3C in the lower back, 3C/4A everywhere else... tons of coils from pencil diameter to watchspring

Album password: curly
  • kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    I think that's a fantastic idea :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

• webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    just a question since this site caters to a wide range of hair types. Some people have type 4a/b hair that it thin and fine, and type 2 hair that is thin and fine. would you consider this to be the same category?
    hello.world.
  • Oliver TwistOliver Twist Posts: 11Registered Users
    That's a good question Web Jockey. Maybe to narrow it down, one could be called 'adding volume' or 'more body' and the other could be called 'de-bushing' or 'weighing down the volume'...ha...seems like most of us are in either the 'too much volume' or 'not enough volume' category.
  • weaverweaver Posts: 2Registered Users
    I think this is a grand idea! I also think that that the more specific we can get - more useful the new forums will be for people. For example, I am 3B with fine hair, so I want to ask questions and share the other 3B fine haired curlies. Right now I am considering products and techniques posted by any 3Bs and by anyone with fine hair - it's a lot of research, a lot of trial and error, and a lot of wasted products and money.

It may get out of hand, but the way it would be the most helpful (for me anyways) is something like this:

FORUMS for:

2A fine
    2A medium
    2A thick/coarse
    2B fine
    2B medium
    2B thick/coarse
    3B fine
    3B medium
    3B thick/coarse
    and so forth (you get the picture.)
    3b fine strands or Fia Hair Type - 3bFi
  • PianoWirePianoWire Posts: 24Registered Users
    I'm a 2C and have had a hard time finding products via the message boards here - it seems most people have fine hair, even if they have tons of it. I'd love a place for other people who have hair like piano wire! I certainly don't need to add body, and it would be great to just know where to go to ask for help or share advice.

Thanks!
    2c...turned 3a since starting CG!
    Devacurl, Jessicurl, and Creme of Nature
    CG since 10/15/03
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Just wanted to mention that I'm keeping an eye on this discussion and think there are some great ideas. We just need to figure out how to attack it. So keep the proposals coming! :D

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • coutmancoutman Posts: 31Registered Users
    I think this is a good idea also, but I also like when other hair types add their input or encouragement to different hairtypes. Would it help if people in their hairtype or whatever in the body of their message or in the signature line. Just a thought. I like the togetherness of the site. I just don't want it to separate us.
    I am a 4a/3c/4b.Either condish wash with Jessicurl Aloeba or Jessicurl Hair Cleanser. Condish with Jessicurl Too Shea! Shake and add Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets or Curve Curly Pudding or Meringue or FOTE Aloe Vera Gel with Vitamin E.
  • Sugar Plum FairySugar Plum Fairy Posts: 178Registered Users
    coutman wrote:
    Just a thought. I like the togetherness of the site. I just don't want it to separate us.

I agree. Also, some people can't/don't use that system to define their hair. I personally find it to not really be relevant to my hair. I think it might prove to be confusing, and could separate us up too much. JMO. :)
  • Oliver TwistOliver Twist Posts: 11Registered Users
    I agree that not everybody uses every forum. For instance, the 'welcome newbies' forum has only 2 threads in there.

If there were 2-3 hair type forums it wouldn't be divisive to me. It would be helpful to those looking for products and techniques for their specific type. I remember when I first joined, tons of people were raving about Bouncy Creme. Being on a budget, I decided to 'splurge' for it, but it just didn't work for my thick coarse hair. Fortunately I had a friend with fine curly hair who absolutely loved it. Maybe people like myself desire to target their hair needs more or simply avoid having a product graveyard.

For the ones that wouldn't benefit from those forums, there's still the general hair discussion board. I wouldn't think that the ones going to the hair-type forums would abandon the general board anyway, as it's a great source of hair care information in general.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file