What to do?Clarified -now stringy ends

rapunzel4everrapunzel4ever Registered Users Posts: 557
I really need your input here. This is the case:
My hair was getting droopy, weight down, took a long time to dry, looked wet when dry, curls were thin....
So, I thought my hair probably needed to be clarified. Especially since I co-washed for a month now and used more coconut oil lately.
I used a low poo with silk protein. It foamed like crazy. Then I rinsed my hair with acv to make sure every residue was solved. I squeezed water out and hair was one big frizzy clump. So I figured: too much protein, need moisture. I put moisturizing conditioner in my hair and left it for a few minutes before detangling. I put a tiny bit of leave-in in my hair. Out of the shower the ends were frizzy, so I put a tiny bit of coconut oil in the ends only to solve that. Then styled as usual.

When my hair was dry, the ends are stick straight at some parts and curls are thin and crunchy. I tried some water spray with a bit of condish, but that seems to make it worse: thin crunchy lengths and ends.

Q: How do I fix this before tonight, because we have a dinerparty tonight?
I need more moisture perhaps, but how am I fixing that without wetting my hair completely?

Thanks for reading my long story. Hope you can help.
2B/C-3A) fine - low porosity
Routine:
Wash: Daily Fix,SMT, Kesham, Urtekram
RO: Motions CPR Li, Inecto Cocos co, AO GPB, KCTT
acv-rinse, sometimes honey-rinse
LI: coconut oil (winter), CJBC-LI
Styling: AVG, Etos Solid Power Gel, Taft gel, CJPP, JCCC, BRHG
Plopping~Pixiecurl diffuse~clipping
KrullenWijzer.blogspot.nl

Comments

• rapunzel4everrapunzel4ever Registered Users Posts: 557
    Okay, I sprayed water with condish in my hair to moisturize. But hair is still very droopy and stringy from the chin down. Soft, but stringy. And the ends the hairs are standing wide apart. So still too dry?

Could a DT fix this? Tonight I've got more time to care for my hair and I will do a moisturizing treatment.
    Routine:
    So, I did a DT with olive oil instead of wheat germ oil, which I normally use, but I forgot to rinse with acv after that! That wasn't very clever or me, because my hair looked very greasy when dry on the lengths. And I styled my hair with a combo of AVG and hard hold gel. And I got -yet again- thin stringy waves. So: no more AVG for styling as well.

Sent from my HTC Legend using CurlTalk App
    Routine:
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    I hope you were able to get your hair to cooperate for the dinner party. I've read of more than a few people who get stringy hair after acv, so that could be a possible culprit. I'm still working on the protein/moisture balance myself, so I wish I had advice I could offer, but I can completely sympathize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
    Thanks Corrina! I had no time left to do anything else with my hair and it took a long time before my hair looked dry that afternoon. Bad luck, just when you're having dinner with the people that don't support natural hair :-(
    But one day later, the oil was completely absorbed, I sprayed All-in-One spray in damp hair and voila, beautiful curls and volume! :D

Sent from my HTC Legend using CurlTalk App
    Routine:
  • oh.hi.its.stephoh.hi.its.steph Registered Users Posts: 640
    Wish I could help! My hair never gets stringy, and I don't use much besides conditioner, gel and oils so I have no advice :/ Good luck!!
    whurly girly (2C/3A).
    thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
    hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
    CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
    RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
    LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
    Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file