Can you check my ingredients please?

LmfbsLmfbs Registered Users Posts: 9
I'm new to the CG method, and I'm going crazy wondering if I've picked the right conditioner for co-washing.

I've been co-washing for 4 days and my hair is looking curlier and the bottom 1/2 is definitely less frizzy and more shiny, but the top 1/2 is still quite frizzy - I'm not sure if this is conditioner related, giving up shampoo, or technique related.

I live in New Zealand and the majority of the recommended conditioners for co-washing are impossible to find here.

I'm using Palmolive Naturals Multi Repair

Ingredients:
  • water
  • cetyl alcohol
  • dimethlpolysiloxane
  • cetrimonium chloride
  • stearyl alcohol
  • glyceryl stearate
  • hydroxyethylcellulose
  • perfume
  • DMDH - hydantonin
  • styerene/acrylates copolymer
  • hydrolyzed keratin
  • aloe barbadensis
  • methylchlorosothiazolinone
  • methylisothiazolinone
  • propolis extract
Does anyone use Palmolive Naturals Multi Repair? Is it good, or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks in advance, and I'm very relieved to find this community!

Comments

• KinkyKhamiKinkyKhami Registered Users Posts: 62
    Lmfbs wrote: »
    I'm new to the CG method, and I'm going crazy wondering if I've picked the right conditioner for co-washing.

I've been co-washing for 4 days and my hair is looking curlier and the bottom 1/2 is definitely less frizzy and more shiny, but the top 1/2 is still quite frizzy - I'm not sure if this is conditioner related, giving up shampoo, or technique related.

I live in New Zealand and the majority of the recommended conditioners for co-washing are impossible to find here.

I'm using Palmolive Naturals Multi Repair

Ingredients:
    • water
    • cetyl alcohol
    • dimethlpolysiloxane
    • cetrimonium chloride
    • stearyl alcohol
    • glyceryl stearate
    • hydroxyethylcellulose
    • perfume
    • DMDH - hydantonin
    • styerene/acrylates copolymer
    • hydrolyzed keratin
    • aloe barbadensis
    • methylchlorosothiazolinone
    • methylisothiazolinone
    • propolis extract
    Does anyone use Palmolive Naturals Multi Repair? Is it good, or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks in advance, and I'm very relieved to find this community!

dimethlpolysiloxane, methylchlorosothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone are silicones...not CG friendly. Any ingredient with the ending -xane, -one, -cone are silicones. I don't know what is available in NZ but I hope this helps.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    I recently checked into methylichloroisothiazolinone & methylisothiazolinone, because I was having a reaction to 2 different products that both contained them. I found they are not cones at all. It's easy to think they are, based on the ending. Tricky little buggers. They are actually a mild antibacterial/anti fungal agent put in everything from shampoo to food. I still have questions about them because I have found that products containing them seem to mildly dry my hair. Many people who have skin sensitivities/contact dermatitis have issues with these and it's actually recommended that people with fibromyalgia avoid them all together. I've also read that magnesium chloride is sometimes added with the pair, not put on the ingredients list. That's basically the same (environmentally friendlier) compound they use to spray and roads and de-ice them when it snows. It's a rock salt. I don't know about all that, when it comes to curls. Some say it's good for hair but to me that might be a to each his own (with all the above).
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    And make that a *but* between pair & not and *on* between spray & road. Crazy iPhone.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GirlynGirlyn Registered Users Posts: 4
    This thread helped me. Thanks for sharing guys. I’m not good in ingredients too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file