I'm baack!

Hello all! Getting back into the swing of things after the holidays and New Year has kept me from being able to post recently - I miss you all! Not to mention that my long-time SO and I called it quits (for reasons far too long to explain here - you know how it goes).

Anyhoo, I thought I'd give an update on my CG hair routine, as it's been modified to help me get through the spring-winter weather we've been getting here in the Carolinas. I weeded out the A-Cone from my routine, as the Devacurl products that have that cone in them were the only two products that cause my hair to go limp and frizzy. Thus said, I'm using NoPoo once every two weeks or so, Nature's Gate Awapuhi (sp?) condish every 3 days or so, and Herbal Essences Body Envy. This took a lot of trial and error, but I'm sooo thrilled with the results I've been getting lately! I'm gonna sit down with my camera tonight and get some good pics so you all can see.
3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.

Comments

• medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    I'm sorry to hear about the breakup. I hope your pampering yourself now.

Sounds like you found a routine that works for you, congrats! I didn't realize you were in the carolinas too. Or if I knew that my brain lost that info :oops:

I love those last pics you posted! It looks like ya'll are having fun. Is it just me or is your virgin hair color that's growing out curlier than the red? it sure looks nice
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • RedheadCurly2007RedheadCurly2007 Registered Users Posts: 230
    Ladycurly- First I am really sorry for the breakup, I went through a very painful one last year. I was so sad, it took a long time to get back to any type of normalcy.

That being said it is good your new routine seems to be working for you. It does seem we need to adjust to the weather as our curls kind of do their own thing depending on humidity, dryness, and temperatures. Happy curls, and take care.
    3B, CG,Corkscrew
    Xtramoist shampoo, Fastfood leave on, Recoil, varnish Gel-Herbal Essances, Totally Twisted
    Irish-American Curly
    Never try to be something you are not, and never be afraid to be who you are.
    RedheadCurly
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    Glad to have you back and let me also say I'm sorry about your break-up, it's always a sad time but it seems you're taking it pretty well. I hope it was for the best and I wish you a prompt recovery and the best in the future.

I'm glad to hear that at least your hair is doing well :D, sometimes our hair reflects whatever we're going through so it's very good that it's behaving. Lately I am hearing good things again about NG COs so I'm really glad it's working for you.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    I also like the price of the NG condishes - I only have to pay around $5! It's great. I think they smell great, too.

ETA: My hair usually gets lighter in the summer, i guess due to more direct sunlight and me being outside more. So, when winter comes around, my brunette hair grows out darker, but with a deep red tint to it if you look closely enough.
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file