Instyler vs Blowdrying

pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
Hi!

Have any of you ever used the instyler? You can check it out here: InStyler® Rotating Hot Iron Hair Straightener

M daughter (who has never permed, but does hot comb) uses it with great results on her hair. Its a rotating metal barrel and brush that you pull through your hair like a flat iron. I am wondering about heat damage using this product-would it be worse than blow drying? I can't tell from my daughter's hair, since her ends have a bit of heat damage from pressing.

Please chime in- thanks!:):)
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!
:happy7::wave:

Comments

• naturalyogininaturalyogini Posts: 430Registered Users
    Anything that rotates like that is frightening to me. LOL The best flat iron I had was the one with teeth and a steamer attached. I got soft straight hair. But the coating wore off the teeth and it started snagging my hair.
    Anything that rotates like that is frightening to me. LOL The best flat iron I had was the one with teeth and a steamer attached. I got soft straight hair. But the coating wore off the teeth and it started snagging my hair.

I had been wanting one for the longest time and actually purchased one the other day bc Target has a sale where you get a $15 gift card w/the purchase and it was pink instead on the usual orange one. However when I got home I saw a butt load of reviews that said the brushes melted after a few uses and I wasn't going to risk that w/a $100 flat iron so I returned it yesterday and got a Remington Pearl flat iron and matching diffuser. Glad to hear your daughter's had success w/it tho!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
    Thanks for the replies. Maybe I will try it. My daughter has been using it for at least 2 yrs with no brush melting or anything. Will post a review if I use it. Scared of heat damage though...:confused1:
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Thanks for the replies. Maybe I will try it. My daughter has been using it for at least 2 yrs with no brush melting or anything. Will post a review if I use it. Scared of heat damage though...:confused1:

I have one...well two

No melting. My hair would turn out amazing when my mom used it on me, but when I did it myself it'd be a hot mess...as usual with any hair equipment.

I don't use it anymore cause I don't use heat on my hair cause I'm lazy
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file