A few questions...

Hi! I just started the no poo method and even though I'm only a couple of days into it, I already have some concerns. First, my hair is getting really greasy and I'm dying to shampoo it! I'm definitely scrubbing my scalp enough and rinsing all the conditioner out so I don't think that's the problem. I also double checked my conditioner and it doesn't have any silicone in it. Another concern is the fact that I tend to get dandruff, so I feel like using my head-and-shoulders shampoo will become an absolute necessity it the near future. The idea of the no poo method appeals to me...I'm just not sure I can even last for a week without my already greasy hair sending the false message that I haven't showered in the past seven days!

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Curl Connoisseur
    I know that for most people there is an adjustment period while your scalp gets used to sulfate-free hair care. I didn't have a huge issue with this only because I was already using DC No-Poo for almost two years before I went CG. I did find that certain conditioners work better for me as a co-wash than others--my favorites are KCKT and Tresemme Naturals (volumizing). But I am one of those people who cannot strictly co-wash and I have to low-poo about twice a week to keep my hair looking and feeling good (I do very high-impact exercise 4-5 days a week, so my scalp can get very dirty, very quickly). The other thing you could try is a brown sugar scalp scrub--I've become a huge fan of these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file