Going natural & Gaining a new outlook on life

hippiedollhippiedoll Registered Users Posts: 398
Has going natural inspired you to live your life differently?

I think for me, I adopted a hippie lifestyle and gained more acceptance of my heritage. I pay more attention to what I eat and put into my body. I wear less makeup now and straighten my hair with hot tools when I feel like it. Overall, I live more of a holistic lifestyle now
Products I'm currently :love10::
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
  • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
  • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
    Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
    6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:

Comments

• ohtashohtash Registered Users Posts: 90
      I totally agree! I've been eating a lot healthier (more fruits/veggies) and I've been takin my vitamin daily now (before I would take them every now and then) Idk, I just completely different now that I've decided to go natural. To me, it's not just a physical change, It's also a mental change too. I'm really happy that I've made this decision! Au Natural.
    • y0shiy0shi Registered Users Posts: 55
      i totally agreee, i'm not afraid to ne myself. i really watch what i eat, and drink pleanty of water. the only makeup i use on a daily basis is a pink lipstick that has become my bestfriend. i'm loving these changes in my lifee!
    • y0shiy0shi Registered Users Posts: 55
      lolol i just noticed i said "i totally agree" just like the person above me o:
    • bohemianprncessbohemianprncess Registered Users Posts: 4
      Yes! I have been on a total health kick lately as well. I'm definitely noticing that I'm more aware of my body and things it likes and dislikes. Going natural has been a total eye opener for me. So glad I made this decision! :love7:
    • hippiedollhippiedoll Registered Users Posts: 398
      I agree. I love eating healthier and dressing differently now. My hair has gained so much health now
        Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
      • longmanehairlongmanehair Registered Users Posts: 21
        Yes, I have definitely gained a greater awareness by currently transitioning to natural.

For me personally, I realized,(even though relaxers are a choice) relaxers weren't for me. I like thicker healthier hair (that I can get wet, at any time). Then that led me to paying attention to my skin and knew that I wanted that to be just as healthy and beautiful.

And ofcourse, my body and weight were a close following. So overall, going back to the roots sure do make you aware of the rest of you (at somepoint or another).
      • DeeinKCDeeinKC Registered Users Posts: 43
        I agree. I heard someone say a couple of weeks ago that a lot of naturals seem to care more about what they put on their hair than in their bodies. That was eye opening to me and really got me thinking. I was reading a diet book and it had a lot of eye opening info about processed food and sugar and now that I've been reading and learning so much, I really want to change not only my hair, but also my body.

So I am making 2012 my year to go natural in other areas of my life. Each month I'm exploring a new, healthier way of eating/living. This month I'm focused on cutting back on white flour consumption and learning about whole grains and how to read food labels to know if a bread/grain product is really whole or just a bunch of marketing hype. It's fun to learn. I'm also looking for ways to cut back sugar.

So yes, going natural with my hair has sparked a huge interest in healthier eating and the environment.
        Dee
        Last relaxer: September 2011
        Follow my progress on my transition blog: http://naturallycurlyjourney.blogspot.com/
      • hippiedollhippiedoll Registered Users Posts: 398
        I agree with what everyone has posted. For a year now I've been eating less processed foods. Trader Joes and other natural/organic markets are my go to places to purchase food. I rarely eat white bread. It's usually whole wheat/grain. Now I'm taking the step in cutting my usage of chemicals out of my hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
        Emoji
        Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
        Drop image/file