Totally NOT pink

murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
Sup y'all it's turtles. I hate typing long posts so I'll try and make sense, but I can't promise anything.

I didn't post in here before because I forgot there was a section on coloring. But I like fun colors.

Anywho, the first time I tested with bleach, I did the strand test, which is highly recommended so you don't go bald. So, when I did the strand test, I did more of a chunk test, and my hair turned PLATINUM blonde, it was really awesome, Then I followed that with purple, and had a purple chunk in my hair which was really exciting.

My hair is naturally jet black by the way, so I was surprised I got it so light in one try. I left the bleach in for 2 hours. I used the manic panic lightening kit.

So this time I thought I'm going to do it again, I went to manic panic's website and ordered the bleach kits (btw they have a by one get one free sale on them!) and they had dye on sale (I already had some blue dye) so I said why not, I got their amplified dye in HOT HOT PINK.

I went home for break from school, and I bleached my hair, I did 90 minutes but for some reason my hair only turned copper! I didn't use the whole bleach kit because I was trying to be stingy and see if I could only use half, well I probably should of used it all to get a lighter color...oh well I'm no pro, so you live and learn.

So I applied the hot hot pink and left it in for about 3 hours, I wasn't doing anything except cooking and baking so it was fine.

I just rinsed and low and behold, my hair is not hot hot pink. I should of known better, because my hair didn't turn out that light in the first place it turned into a coppery brown. It's more of a reddish magenta. I have pictures but they don't really show the pinkish tone.

The last picture is with flash.
tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg

Comments

• murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    now that I think about it, my hair color looks similar to the bottle that the hair color came from (the hair color gel) soooo I guess that's Tish and Snooky's (Manic panic people) idea of hot hot pink
  • itsiliiiitsiliii Posts: 340Registered Users
    Aww I'm sorry :( hot pink, and most vibrant colors are truly difficult to get without super bleach blonde hair. Plus I just hate manic panics colors in general, they're not very strong and don't last very long compared to other brands :p
    cat...im a kitty cat...and i dance dance dance :blob7:
    2B/2C hair! :thumbup:

Shampoo: GTTT, SheaMoisture
    Condish Tresemme naturals, GFTN
    DT: Lustrasilk + honey :)
    LI: KCKT, GVP CB
    Styling products: Ouidad CC, TIGI Catwalk, KCCC, PaulMitchell Sculpting Foam
    Oils: Coconut
    itsiliii wrote: »
    Aww I'm sorry :( hot pink, and most vibrant colors are truly difficult to get without super bleach blonde hair. Plus I just hate manic panics colors in general, they're not very strong and don't last very long compared to other brands :p

Yea I know. I just can't figure out why my hair couldn't get as blonde as the first time I messed around.
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    its cute though Turtles !!!!
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    That's a pretty color.

Maybe your hair turned copper because the bleach wasn't left on for as long as you did it the first time. 2 hours vs 90 minutes. :dontknow: There are probably other variables involved that I'm not privy to since I don't color.

But even though it didn't turn out exactly how you wanted, it still looks cool. I can't tell from the pics where you did the dye. The first pic looks like your whole head and the second pic looks like half of your head
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
    CocoT wrote: »
    That's a pretty color.

Maybe your hair turned copper because the bleach wasn't left on for as long as you did it the first time. 2 hours vs 90 minutes. :dontknow: There are probably other variables involved that I'm not privy to since I don't color.

But even though it didn't turn out exactly how you wanted, it still looks cool. I can't tell from the pics where you did the dye. The first pic looks like your whole head and the second pic looks like half of your head

It's like the top but it In a u shape...so that depending on my part. Itll be in different spots, if that makes sense . Like If I wanted a snooky poof it'd be all red
  • itsiliiiitsiliii Posts: 340Registered Users
    If you didn't mix the entire packet of bleach plus developer maybe it messed with the strength? That's happened to me before. Or maybe it was just a set of strange circumstances that led to it :p
    cat...im a kitty cat...and i dance dance dance :blob7:
    2B/2C hair! :thumbup:

Shampoo: GTTT, SheaMoisture
    Condish Tresemme naturals, GFTN
    DT: Lustrasilk + honey :)
    LI: KCKT, GVP CB
    Styling products: Ouidad CC, TIGI Catwalk, KCCC, PaulMitchell Sculpting Foam
    Oils: Coconut
    itsiliii wrote: »
    If you didn't mix the entire packet of bleach plus developer maybe it messed with the strength? That's happened to me before. Or maybe it was just a set of strange circumstances that led to it :p

I think you're right.
    here's my hair completely dry:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file