Question about Oyin Honey Wash and Pomade

pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
Hi Fellow Curlies:

I purchased the Oyin Honey Wash during BF- I am wondering is it a shampoo? I see that it has saponified oils in it, and I believe that is shampoo category, just asking to be sure. What I cleanse my coils with is based on what products I use during the week...so just checking.

Also, I see that the Oyin Pomade (mmmmm....Sugar Berry!) is humectant. I know humectants draw moisture to your hair but do they work like glycerin in the winter?

Thanks for the wisdom guys!:santa:
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!
:happy7::wave:

Comments

• CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    The honey wash can be used for hair and body,

THe burnt sugar pomade/sugar berry pomade is more of a sealant. It does have castor oil though, which is said to behave like a humectant. I use it year round and I haven't had any issues with it. But my hair likes castor oil. I also don't have a problem with glycerin year round either. My hair likes it.

I'd suggest just figuring out what your hair likes and go with that.
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
    Thanks CoCo T! I am still trying to figure out how my hair feels about glycerin, but I know it loveeeees castor oil. I am trying to figure out why I get so dry with certain prods- let the experimentation continue!:toothy8: Have a great holiday
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file