CurlTalk

I'm getting a Deva Cut Tomorrow!!! I'll post before & after pics :)

CurlyRachaelCurlyRachael Posts: 11Registered Users
I am VERY nervous, but the salon has EXCELLENT reviews, so I am very excited!!

Comments

• CalamityMCalamityM Posts: 540Registered Users
    Awesome! I can't wait to see your results. Come back and tell us how it went. :)
  • wholelottalovewholelottalove Posts: 168Registered Users
    Have you looked at before/after pics of devacuts? The ones I've seen are AWESOME. I want a devacut really badly, but I live in Boston and its in NY :( I guess I'll stick to cutting my own hair until I'm in NY, but I can't wait! Good luck with your devacut!! :)

Sent from my "smart" phone.
    3a
    medium/thick
    Loves protein and oils

Low-poo: MopTop gentle shampoo
    Co-wash: CJDF, Jessicurl Aloeba
    RO: Jessicurl Too Shea, MopTop daily conditioner, CJ rehab, CJ strengthening
    LI: ^^^
    DT: Jessicurl WDT, SS Deeply Decadent
    PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 min
    Oils: argan, sweet almond, jessicurl oil blend
    Stylers: SS firm hold, SS curl enhancing jelly, Kiss My Face Upper Management gel, AG Recoil
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    Have you looked at before/after pics of devacuts? The ones I've seen are AWESOME. I want a devacut really badly, but I live in Boston and its in NY :( I guess I'll stick to cutting my own hair until I'm in NY, but I can't wait! Good luck with your devacut!! :)

Sent from my "smart" phone.
    You dont have to go to NY for a Deva cut! Cala Renee in Beverly or Shan Hair in the south end give great Deva cuts! Lots of reviews for both on here and on Yelp.
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • TovahTovah Posts: 3Registered Users
    CurlyRachael,

How'd it go?!? I just got my first DevaCut on the 22nd and I'm really impressed. I got a curly bob that's a bit shorter in the back and longer in the front. I needed a few days to adjust to the shortness of it, but now I appreciate how the cut really works with the natural shapes of my curls. Here's a pic of my cut from the back. I'd love to see yours!
    3a, fine hair, normal porosity
    cowash: suave naturals coconut
    leave in: giovanni
    styling: mop c or curl junkie curls in a bottle (applied upside down), plop, clip, air dry, and scrunch the crunch!

each curl on my head is grateful for this site!
  • CurlyRachaelCurlyRachael Posts: 11Registered Users
    Sorry!!! It's been a while lol! OK.......well....my hair looked great when I walked out of the salon....BUT....my curls went limp & fell out as they usually do......the cut's ok, don't know if I would do it again though because I've already had to cut a couple of wonky pieces myself.......but I'm still working on finding my routine...I'll post pics soon :)