Scared to henna

in2itgirlin2itgirl Posts: 30Registered Users
So I purchased light mountain natural henna from whole foods. Its a light brown color with senna , henna and indigo. I mixed it with lemon juice and rooibos tea and added some cinnamon. I left it sit overnight and it looks green. Idk If the dye released but I'm scared my hair is gonna be green. What should I do ?

Comments

• locogirlplocogirlp Posts: 11Registered Users
    Don't worry, your hair won't turn green....it's just that the henna itself (since it is a plant) is green. It will release the light brown color you desire.

I henna mine red (I purchase Caca Rouge Mama Hair Henna from Lush) and I have noticed that my hair color deepens over 2-4 days into a fantastic coppery red that I am totally in love with. I'm sure you'll love your henna too.

Make sure you do the research on how to apply it. Section your hair off, get to the roots, wrap a plastic bag/shower cap/plastic cap on it and let it sit. It should feel like you're applying cake frosting to your hair and it should smell like hay and bunnies. :D

It's messy, believe me. But it's the best conditioning treatment you can do too. I LOVE mine!

Good luck!
    2b/2c - normal/high porosity - thin to normal density - normal elasticity. Hard water. TX.

Hair changed from straight, so still learning my new hair!

Current routine:
    Cowash: Suave Coconut
    Condish: Tresemme Naturals
    Styler: La Bella Gel
    PT: none yet, still looking, I know I need one!
  • in2itgirlin2itgirl Posts: 30Registered Users
    Thanks Im going to do it. It has removal instructions I'm just scared.
  • locogirlplocogirlp Posts: 11Registered Users
    Henna can loosen your curl definition a bit over time, but I've heard that if you buy some amla powder (found at your local Indian grocer or online here) that will help you keep your definition.

Let us know how it turns out!
    2b/2c - normal/high porosity - thin to normal density - normal elasticity. Hard water. TX.

Hair changed from straight, so still learning my new hair!

Current routine:
    Cowash: Suave Coconut
    Condish: Tresemme Naturals
    Styler: La Bella Gel
    PT: none yet, still looking, I know I need one!
  • lala3488lala3488 Posts: 3Registered Users
    You will be better off using a "body art quality" henna for your hair. It will give you a better stain and will not fade. I use BAQ henna from hennasooq.com , the kind I use will dye release in about 2 hours, turning from green to a dark rusty red color. How did yours come out?
  • mintheminthe Banned Posts: 209Banned Users
    lala3488 wrote: »
    You will be better off using a "body art quality" henna for your hair. It will give you a better stain and will not fade. I use BAQ henna from hennasooq.com , the kind I use will dye release in about 2 hours, turning from green to a dark rusty red color. How did yours come out?

Ditto. I've heard Light Mountain has other ingredients in it. Is it true it even has a developer? :-| Not real henna. If you have an Indian foods store near you, Dulhan is pretty good. Make sure it has an exp date. I think all of theirs do.
    ddkodd.jpg2jcfs6t.jpg
    Proud to be Indian-Iranian American

"I'd rather they say they hate Jews than hide behind some stupid bs about them being attacked."
    --Marah Mizrahi (on Middle Eastern relations)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file