CurlTalk

People have no idea how to compliment!

A guy came into my job today and said " I like your hair. It looks like a mop. I really like it." I was flattered but confused. People don't seem to be able to pay a compliment without there being something random added in. He was bald so I replied to him " I like your hair, I just wish there was more of it." I don't think he knew what to say after that.

Comments

• kdcreighkdcreigh Posts: 736Registered Users
    Great comeback! :lol:

I hope he got the message.
    YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
    :lurk:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkdcreigh%2F" class="Popup
    PW: natural
  • KristaRoseKristaRose Posts: 546Registered Users
    I'm frequently told that I have beautiful hair then in the next breath I'm told that I have so much hair for such a tiny face.
    3B
    Growing out from a pixie cut. Long process but I'm getting there.
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    ROFL! I love your comeback.

Maybe the guy has a mop fetish...
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    Men are really dumb when it comes to things like that. One of my guy friends once told a girl friend she had beefy calves. :shock: He couldn't understand for the life of him why she was insulted. He thought it was a good thing. As long as the compliment is well-intentioned, I think we should cut the guys some slack. It's not their fault they're completely clueless.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Bailey422 wrote:
    Men are really dumb when it comes to things like that. One of my guy friends once told a girl friend she had beefy calves. :shock: He couldn't understand for the life of him why she was insulted. He thought it was a good thing.

Oh my word, that is hilarious! I would have been irked but I can understand why a guy would think that's a good thing. :lol:
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • HippieChicHippieChic Posts: 252Registered Users
    LOL! Wouldn't all women love to have beefy calves? I guess it would be a compliment from one guy to another.

For example: "Larry your calves looked especially beefy when you ran for that touchdown." :D
  • long_n_curlylong_n_curly Posts: 300Registered Users
    Yep I got a good one a few months back I had straightened my hair so I could touch up my roots the following day I got this semi compliment:
    "Wow you look really plain with straight hair" I know that it was a compliment to my curls but it came out a bit awkwardly LOL
    Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
    PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
    Finally grew out my bad layers!!!