Transitioning 2012!

induetimeinduetime Posts: 105Registered Users
Hello,

I'm new to the site, and I have decided to go natural! I think I got my first relaxer when I was about 6 or 7 and have had one every since then.

I'm looking for people that can give me advice on products that I can use while transitioning. My last relaxer was October 15, 2011. I don't plan to BC, I want to transition for about 12 to 18 months.

All advice is welcomed, thanks!

Comments

• CaseyGoNaturalCaseyGoNatural Posts: 145Registered Users
    The most important thing is to moisturize every night (best thing to use is a water &oil mix in a spray bottle, like 60% water, then 40% olive oil, joboja oil, castor oil, tea tree oil, etc.) &trim your ends at least every 3-4 months. All i do is protective styles and that really helps prevent breakage and retain length A LOT! And when you detangle your hair make sure you detangle w/ a wide tooth comb or denman brush w/ lots of conditioner in, and when you shampoo your hair make sure you only shampoo your scalp &if you shampoo w/ a sulfate shampoo put a whole bunch of olive oil on 30 minutes before, oil your scalp and ends at least once a week, deep condition at lease once every other week (once a week if you can) do protein treatments once a month. If your using a Sulfate-Free shampoo avoid products w/ silicones. Don't use products w/ mineral oil or petroleum at all. Try to use products that are more natural than artificial, especially oils.

Sent from my LG-P509 using CurlTalk App
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,634Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome, induetime! We're glad you've joined our community!

Keep us posted on your transition!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file