CurlTalk

That Awkward Moment When ...

Precious CurlsPrecious Curls Posts: 448Registered Users
I'm sure you guys have heard of those "that awkward moment" phrases, especially on Facebook! I thought it would be fun to make it hair related!

I'll start.

That awkward moment when ... you find a bobby pin several days after taking down an updo style :cheese:

Comments

• greenjumpergreenjumper Posts: 891Registered Users
    That awkward moment when...

You've just done your "big chop". Then the song "Whip My Hair" comes on the radio and you have zero hair to whip...

Happened to me several times. lol
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator

A stranger walks up to you and asks, "How did you get your hair to do that?" while reaching out to touch it, and you have to quickly move your head away... Or has that only happened to me?...
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    That awkward moment when you compliment your cousin's TWA and then your pa-pa comes out of nowhere saying he doesn't like that "old dry q-tip hair" and tells her she should get her hair "done up in the jerry-curls" like yours.

And then grandma comes behind him talking that good hair bad hair nonsense.

Sigh.

Sent from The Brick
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    The awkward moment when....

Your hair gets caught in your jacket....or car door...or on a tack on a bulletin board at school
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • happyfacehappyface Posts: 845Registered Users
    That awkward moment when you go to the bathroom at work and realize you've got a bunch of white ish in your hair because you assumed that leave-in / gel combination would dry clear. :neutral:
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    That awkward moment when your dog eats your hair butter and didn't realize it till weeks later(Noni u could have died!!!!!)

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • applesandafrosapplesandafros Posts: 328Registered Users
    That awkward moment when you hand accidentally grazes someone's butt.

my phone wears the pants in this relationship.
    Almost MBL Coils
    spongy, low porosity, dense awesomeness

Shampoo: Curly Kinks Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Out/Detangler Conditioner: Aussie Moist, V05 Strawberries and Cream, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Leave in Conditioner: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and Giovanni Direct Leave in
    Styler: Eco Styler Krystal and Blue, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Gel and Flax seed gel
    Sealer: Grape seed oil
    Deep Conditioner: Curl Junkie Repair Me
    Protein Treatment: Karishma and Jamilla Henna
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users

You do a twist out that looks bangin only to find a big a$$ twist hanging on the side of your head once you're at work and you've been seeing strangers all day who didn't say squat diddly and you're stuck wondering how the hell a big ol twist manages to go unnoticed in the front of your head.

:sad3:
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    That awkward moment when an old person asks "you need to borrow my comb?" and you wanna say "piss off you grubby old goat!" but remember your manners mid way. :p

Jen :D
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • jubellsjubells Posts: 38Registered Users

You leave your house with an awesome twist out only to have the humidity turn it into a hot mess by the time you get to school. And your friends who were on the bus with you say nothing.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    That awkward moment when you realize your supposed-to-be-chic shag actually makes you look like David Bowie in Ziggy Stardust.
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    That awkward moment when you walk into the bathroom and look in the mirror and say "oh crap, has my hair really looked like this all night/day?!"
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
  • helpmycurlhelpmycurl Posts: 19Registered Users
    When someone tells you to relax and you think their talking about your hair.
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Posts: 1,578Registered Users
    That awkward moment when, in your relaxer/transitioning days, you're on the toilet wiping your bum and there are some long ass hairs on the tissue, so you make a mental note to buy 100 tubes of Veet, before remembering you washed your hair a few hours ago and some of the hairs must've got stuck between your bum cheeks...

(was that just me??? Too much info? :confused5:)
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users

Your hair gets caught in your jacket....or car door...or on a tack on a bulletin board at school
    LMAO @ bulletin board

That awkward moment when a sexy guy is talking to you and notices some lint in your hair and reaches to help pull it out but didn't realize how tangled in your kings they were...

:(
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    CocoT wrote: »

You do a twist out that looks bangin only to find a big a$$ twist hanging on the side of your head once you're at work and you've been seeing strangers all day who didn't say squat diddly and you're stuck wondering how the hell a big ol twist manages to go unnoticed in the front of your head.

I've been there. and LOL @ your gif
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    That awkward moment when someone reaches in ur hair to try and pull out a piece of string and it's ur gray hair

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • vegas_curlsvegas_curls Posts: 857Registered Users

...or in a low-hanging tree branch... :sad3:
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users

Lmao. That happened to me recently.

Sent from The Brick
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    Oh sad! :( I thought this was an Awkward Black Girl thread lol
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users

You decide to go out and run some errands while you deep condition your hair with a plastic baggy on your head that you thought would be obscured by your hat, only to see your reflection and realize that your plastic cap is peeking out from underneath your scarf and hat all around the perimeter of your head. And still, nobody...said...anything.

11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • CurlzitupCurlzitup Posts: 5Registered Users

Crumbs fall down your bra while your eating in a public place!!!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using CurlTalk App
  • cocodejcocodej Posts: 1,182Registered Users
    That awkward moment when she realizes her compliment about your "weave" is really not a compliment and you both are sitting next to each other on some crowded public mode of transportation...
    James Baldwin
    A Talk To Teachers
    [...]
    one of the paradoxes of education [is] that precisely at the point when you begin to develop a conscience, you must find yourself at war with your society. It is your responsibility to change society
    [...]
  • CurlzitupCurlzitup Posts: 5Registered Users
    The awkward moment when.....

When you realize the stares you were getting were not from your awesome looking hair, but of your underwear being tucked in your clothes

* I love my hubby more than i love my hair!!!
  • happynappyhappyhappynappyhappy Posts: 122Registered Users
    That Awkward Moment When
    You spend hours doing your hair go out and someone says when ate you going to do your hair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using CurlTalk App
    4a in the top of my head/3c in the back of my head
    Last relaxer July 1st ,2011 :happy2:
    Big chop September 30th ,2011 :angry5:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FNaturalafrochick%3Ffeature%3Dguide" class="Popup
    follow me on twitter @Naturalafrochic

showing off my twa for now!!

uawe6vf1c.png
    ziwjh0re4.png
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    That akward moment when

Youre at work with a customer and you see a furry obscure predator like thing out the corner of your eye about to "attack" your face.. so you flip out and get ready to fight it away and it turns out to just be a loose clump of hair that escaped your bun

happened to me yesterday "/
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    Awkward moment when a cute very hot stranger walked across the room to my table and said "I love your hair" and then walked away. Another time a guy came up to me at the gas station and asked who does my hair. I do. Then he walks off.
    Im like hey what about the rest of me?? My hair gets more play than i do
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    AmberBrown wrote: »
    Oh sad! :( I thought this was an Awkward Black Girl thread lol

LOL does this qualify as an awkward moment within the awkward thread?
  • jubellsjubells Posts: 38Registered Users
    midgi wrote: »

Lmao. That happened to me recently.

Sent from The Brick

EVERYDAY! I hate that tree lol
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    CocoT wrote: »

You decide to go out and run some errands while you deep condition your hair with a plastic baggy on your head that you thought would be obscured by your hat, only to see your reflection and realize that your plastic cap is peeking out from underneath your scarf and hat all around the perimeter of your head. And still, nobody...said...anything.

ROFL
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg