2c/3a going no-poo?

is anyone a 2c/3a who is doing a co-wash? if so, does it feel ok? b/c i am a 2c/3a and idk if i should start doing a co-wash. i was thinking that i could do a co-wash every day and then twice a week i could use a shampoo for dry hair (keihls normal/dry gentle shampoo). also my conditioner is redken frizz-free stuff... i also use terax crema treatment weekly and huile de palme treatments monthly, if you wanted 2 kno.
you left me longing for you...

interlocken oh 6 was sexy

Comments

• summercurlsummercurl Registered Users Posts: 5
    I'm 2c/3a and I have been solely CO washing for a couple of months. I do it LHC-style, which seems to be slightly more cleansing for me without drying out my ends like shampoo does. If you're curious, you can read about it here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9367. A lot of people over there are CO, too.

I CO-wash my hair every other day or every third day (if I wear it up, I can usually stretch it that long :lol: ). It's been less greasy since I started CO-washing. I'm not sure what's in the stuff you're using, but if you decide to go poo-less, you'll have to be careful about the stuff that won't wash out without detergent, like cones. Of course, if you decide to shampoo every once and a while, cones might work for you. Have you read Curly Girl? It has lots of great tips, even if you decide to stick with shampoo for now.

You'll probably want to get a different, lighter conditioner for CO washing. I'm currently using Suave Tropical Coconut, and many people seem to have success with cheap drugstore conditioners that are too light for real conditioning. Any thing heavy will probably leave you with a greasy scalp.

Hope that helps! :D

edited: because I hit submit instead of preview!
  • retrokittenretrokitten Registered Users Posts: 4
    what is LHC style?

sorry.. im lliek totally new to this stuff so idk
    you left me longing for you...

interlocken oh 6 was sexy
  • The ScientistThe Scientist Registered Users Posts: 239 Curl Connoisseur
    LHC means long Hair community. They're another webcommunity like naturallycurly.com.

I have 2c hair and I love no-poo. It has worked wonders for my hair, and my hair is fine and easily weighed-down, so I wouldn't worry about that. I try not to shampoo at all, maybe twice a month. It has also decreased the amount of hair i've been shedding.
    2c/3a modified CG
    HG product: AG Recoil... Searching for others...
    HG method: pixiecurl method of drying. I'll never go back!
  • KaterinaKaterina Registered Users Posts: 117
    summercurl wrote:
    I'm 2c/3a and I have been solely CO washing for a couple of months. I do it LHC-style, which seems to be slightly more cleansing for me without drying out my ends like shampoo does. If you're curious, you can read about it here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9367. A lot of people over there are CO, too.

I CO-wash my hair every other day or every third day (if I wear it up, I can usually stretch it that long :lol: ). It's been less greasy since I started CO-washing. I'm not sure what's in the stuff you're using, but if you decide to go poo-less, you'll have to be careful about the stuff that won't wash out without detergent, like cones. Of course, if you decide to shampoo every once and a while, cones might work for you. Have you read Curly Girl? It has lots of great tips, even if you decide to stick with shampoo for now.

You'll probably want to get a different, lighter conditioner for CO washing. I'm currently using Suave Tropical Coconut, and many people seem to have success with cheap drugstore conditioners that are too light for real conditioning. Any thing heavy will probably leave you with a greasy scalp.

Hope that helps! :D

edited: because I hit submit instead of preview!

Thanks for the link. I tried to learn what is CWCing, but can't access it. What is CWCing?

Thanks! :)
    fine, wavy hair with lazy waves. Sometimes lanky spiral curls underneath when the weath is very humid. My waves are capricious like me! Presently using Burt's Bees condish, FOTE AVG with honey or Mop Top gel.
  • teela1978teela1978 Registered Users Posts: 278
    CWC stands for condition-wash-condition. Essentially you coat your length in conditioner, then shampoo your scalp only and then condition again. Theoretically the 1st conditioner application should protect your hair from the shampoo. It always seemed like an awful lot of product to me, but a lot of people like it :)
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.
  • KaterinaKaterina Registered Users Posts: 117
    teela1978 wrote:
    CWC stands for condition-wash-condition. Essentially you coat your length in conditioner, then shampoo your scalp only and then condition again. Theoretically the 1st conditioner application should protect your hair from the shampoo. It always seemed like an awful lot of product to me, but a lot of people like it :)

Thanks, Teela. That was definitely a new one on me! That would be too much for me on a shampoo routine, and wouldn't work on a CG routine for me.

Thanks again! :)
    fine, wavy hair with lazy waves. Sometimes lanky spiral curls underneath when the weath is very humid. My waves are capricious like me! Presently using Burt's Bees condish, FOTE AVG with honey or Mop Top gel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file