CurlTalk

My Deva cut

I had my hair cut by a Deva trained stylist. I don't know that I will do it again, I don't think it was worth the cost. My regular stylist seems to do just as well, even though she cuts my hair wet. Of course I don't have a lot of stretch in my hair, only about 2 inches.

Alright, lets see if I can post before and after pics.
2c-3b/fine-med/normal volume/low porosity
*I think (still trying to figure out my hair)

Comments

• Cuban-curl-ECuban-curl-E Posts: 476Registered Users
    Your hair looks really healthy after the cut. Is it all one length? I can't see any layers in the back. I thought that's what deva cuts are known for.

I've never had a deva cut but I agree, a wet cut could have given you that result. Looks good though! Pretty hair!!!
    3a/b, fine texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, mod-CG 7/11/11

Poo: KC Come Clean, SM Moisture Retention
    CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin
    Style: AIF, HESMU, Biolage gelee, KCCC
    LOOB for second day hair

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.
  • CalamityMCalamityM Posts: 540Registered Users
    Your hair looks amazing! I don't know what your Deva stylist did, but it looks like instead of tapering your hair in the back she cut it more straight across. It looks great: your hair looks thicker and the curls are more defined, but I agree (without seeing the front) that your normal stylist could probably do something similar. Do you have a lot of layers that we're not seeing? I thought that was the hallmark of a Deva cut. Either way - you look great. :)
  • CurlyLinZeeCurlyLinZee Posts: 462Registered Users
    I think it looks great too! Healthier ends. :blob8:
    Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair
    Cleansers: CJ Daily Fix
    Conditioners: CJ Beauticurls Argan Oil, Tresemme
    Leave-In Conditioners: CJ BCLI
    Deep Conditioners: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Deep Fix, SS DDMT
    Stylers:
    KCCC
    Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
    Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
    Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 19Registered Users
    Thanks everyone. There are some layers, and she specifically wanted to face framing layers. But I did notice, and you can probably see it, that there were some curls at either side which are longer than the rest (one of the things I have heard others complain about Deva cuts).

I agree that it does look like my ends were a bit scraggly looking, and I do think the cut (just in the fact that it is shorter) has let the curls be more defined. I think my hair was too long before, and it was stretching out the curls (not all the time, but most of the time). So, overall I am happy with it, but I know my own stylist can do the same thing - because she has done it before. I don't see any advantage to the Deva cut.

Here is a picture of the front, and this is actually the day of the cut.
    2c-3b/fine-med/normal volume/low porosity
    *I think (still trying to figure out my hair)
  • CurlyLinZeeCurlyLinZee Posts: 462Registered Users
    Wow! Very pretty. I like the shape of it from the front view; it really suits you!
    Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair
    Cleansers: CJ Daily Fix
    Conditioners: CJ Beauticurls Argan Oil, Tresemme
    Leave-In Conditioners: CJ BCLI
    Deep Conditioners: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Deep Fix, SS DDMT
    Stylers:
    KCCC
    Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
    Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
    Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It looks really pretty but I think it looked really good before too. Lucky you!
    3b in South Australia.