CurlTalk

Baby Boy is Here...

FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
My little guy (name still pending) arrived this afternoon at 3:08 pm in an unplanned home birth at 38.5 weeks. He weighs 8 lbs 8 oz and is 21.5". We are both doing fine.

I have been having contractions for the past couple of days, but there hasn't been any consistency or they would go away whenever I would notice some consistency, but they never really hurt. They were just more of a pain in the butt.

I was awake very early this morning, so I decided to take a mid-morning nap. I woke up at 12:30 with pressure in my lower ab/back/pelvic area, but I wasn't feeling contractions. I texted my husband at work about 15 minutes later and told him that we would probably end up at the hospital before the night was over and that I couldn't stand up straight because of the pressure. I told him that I was going to take a hot shower to try and help with the pressure. I started feeling like I needed to have a bm several minutes later and the pain kept getting worse. After several more bm and vomitting, I called L&D and my husband and told him to get home. It wasn't even 15 minutes later that I started feeling like the head was coming out while having a bm.

I called him back and told him to get home right then and that I was going to call 911. We only live 5 minutes from the hospital, but I knew that he wasn't going to be able to get me over there in our car. He arrived home right before the paramedics and they delivered our guy on my living room floor with me biting my husband's knuckles. :) I really hope that none of my neighbors heard me and I don't think anyone saw us (baby and I were completely naked and covered with a blanket) getting into the ambulance.

He latched on right away in the ambulance. I have significant tearing, but I feel totally fine as of right now. It does hurt when I shift in bed due to the stitches, but I don't have any other pain as of now.

I only have a couple of pics on my phone right now, but I will get some on my camera and up before long.
2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    OH my!!!! Well...some babies do come out on their own terms, don't they.

CONGRATULATIONS on your baby boy! I wish you quick healing and much joy.

Nice big boy! Can't wait for pics.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    Wow, congratulations!! Glad everyone is okay!

Can't wait to hear the name. & see pictures. This is your first, right?

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • tiama-xtiama-x Posts: 199Registered Users
    Congratulations on the baby and good birth.

I'm expecting in February and I'm getting very nervous.. its good to hear some beautiful birth stories.. I'm expecting a girl but I've only been told by people that its a boy lol.
    "2 Something ATM"
    Coarse, Medium- Thick, Normal Porosity
    My Routine
    Low 'Poo: curash soothing oatmeal conditioning shampoo
    RO: tresemme naturals moisturising conditioner
    LI: tresemme naturals/kinky curly knot today
    Seal: mix of shea butter/coconut oil
    Goals
    waist length hair & finding a sexual cheapo leave in conditioner for both me and my daughter
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Oh wow, congratulations!!!

I found ice packs to be very helpful for the stitches even after they told me that I didn't need to be icing the area any more.

What does Lilly think of him?
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Yay for Fiery and company!

Congratulations!!!!!!
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    Congrats! thank you for sharing your story. Rest up and heal well.
    hello.world.
  • KikapooKikapoo Posts: 1,087Registered Users
    Wow, that's quite a story! Congratulations! I'm so glad that you're both healthy and doing well. Can't wait for pictures!
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    Thanks everyone. Lilly hasn't seen him yet. Luckily, she was with my parents so I didn't have to worry about her. She will be coming later today. It was a little different going from a 5 lb and 36+ hour labor to an 8 lb and 3 hour labor baby.

sampled95201112089517563495601-vi.jpg
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you. All 4 of you now. 6 if we are counting fur babies.

My fat thumb will make mistakes.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    Congrats, FC! I guess he really wanted to meet his mommy! :)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
    Beautiful! I love a fresh baby!
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Congratulations!

I'm glad the paramedics arrived and helped deliver your baby safely.

Also, we haven't seen any recent pics of Lily (I just love her smile), can't leave big sis out!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Congratulations and welcome to your new baby boy, he's beautiful.
    3b in South Australia.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Spider wrote: »
    Wow, congratulations!! Glad everyone is okay!

Can't wait to hear the name. & see pictures. This is your first, right?

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Second...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congrats! He is beautiful!
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • SayoonSayoon Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations he looks very healthy :) I hope ur feeling good now
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    Wow, that is quite a birth story! Congrats to you and your family on your new baby boy. I hope you're all doing well. :)
  • RafiljoneRafiljone Posts: 4Registered Users
    Wow, that is quite a birth story! Congrats to you and your family on your new baby boy. I hope you're all doing well. :)

Hello

Baby boy would't like to go to school with eagerness and always show the irritation
    by the dint of having the innocent humor they look perform such habit very beautiful.
    Rafiljone
  • sweetmx85sweetmx85 Posts: 1,017Registered Users
    oh my goodness! that is amazing! congratulations!
    my blog
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcurlygirlie85.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsophiams85.tumblr.com%2F" class="Popup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This thread was bumped at a good time. Bryan turned 3 months today and is just an all around awesome little boy!! I know this is a lot of pics, but I can't decide which ones to put up.

DSCF8223-vi.jpg

DSCF8394-vi.jpg

Bryan176-vi.jpg

Bryan177-vi.jpg

Bryan195-vi.jpg

Bryan220-vi.jpg

DSCF8760-vi.jpg

DSCF8770-vi.jpg

Bryan204-vi.jpg

Bryan250-vi.jpg
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Cuteness itself! Thanks for sharing.
    3b in South Australia.
    He's got an adorable big gummy smile. I can almost hear the giggle. Too cute.
  • SayoonSayoon Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Awwww bless him bless him bless him :D thats one healthy happy baby :) ur boy is going to be a tall guy
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    FC, he's sooo cute. He looks like such a happy little guy. :)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users
    Oh my goodness, what a cutie pie. And that smile...it's infectious!

Thanks everyone. He's such a happy little guy. I have been very lucky in getting easy kids. I call him my Sugar Snaps and that will send him into a smiling fit which makes my day. :toothy10:
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Awww!!! You have beautiful children! :)