CurlTalk

Protein Treatments for 3c hair?

MzCreoleCurlyMzCreoleCurly Posts: 19Registered Users
Hi, I've recently got extreme heat damage and want to do a protein treatment:idea:
-Which protein treatment would you recommend

Comments

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    Apohgee is a good one, but know that protein treatments will not bring your hair back to the state it was in before the heat damage and eventually you'll have to cut/trim that hair.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fpapiermachecurls" class="Popup

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • lovely_eirenelovely_eirene Posts: 48Registered Users
    Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor is just awesome (comes in an orange bottle with purple cap and wording). I've heard great things about mane n tail conditioners, too :)
    Fine 3c type, loves protein. BS length when straight, aiming for BS length when curly!
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    Apohgee is a good one, but know that protein treatments will not bring your hair back to the state it was in before the heat damage and eventually you'll have to cut/trim that hair.

+1

Henna can also help strengthen your hair, but as stated, hair beyond repair has to be cut off.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users
    Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

The stuff is incredible. It's slightly pricey but I'm telling you it's worth it. Just be sure to use a really good moisturizing conditioner after it. Look..just read the reviews of it on Makeup Alley:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.makeupalley.com%2Fproduct%2Fshowreview.asp%3FItemId%3D17935%26amp%3BEmergencee-Strengthening-Polymeric-Reconstructor%26amp%3BNexxus%26amp%3BTreatments" class="Popup=

You might have to register to read them though. You may have to trim some of your damage off though cause a protein treat can only do so much to seriously damaged hair reguardless of how good it is.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users
    I do two different protein treatments. I call them the Monster Protein treatments LOL

1. Suave Coconut Conditioner w/ mayo & coconut oil

2. QH Cholesterol mixed with molasses & 1 egg

I have been using these PT for years and my curls have really thrived. I only do this once a month.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC, Eco Styler
    Leave-In: KCKT, Garnier WB Coconut & Cocoa Butter LI
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter