CurlTalk

Once Upon a Time - anyone watching? (with SPOILERS)

PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
I'm oddly taken by this show. Watching on Hulu. I'm developing a crush on Prince Charming!
Minneapolis, MN

Comments

• ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users
    LOVE IT! My husband too, and rarely gets hooked on a show. We haven't seen this week's yet but it is on DVR and hopefully tonight.

I can't express how awesome it is, but I think you had to start watching at least by episode 2 to have any idea of what is going on. Did you see the first 2 episodes?
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Yes, I've been watching since the beginning. :) I like it so far.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I agree, the first episode is key.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    I like the show too. Is hulu free? Id like to go back and watch ep 1.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    I have tried watching it and I'll admit it's almost 100% because I'm obsessed with Snow White's makeup. Seriously, anyone get me a product run down for that? I can't get into the actual show and I think I'm done.
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users
    My dh and kids and I are glued when once upon a time is on. I love the plot & this is a great role for "cameron" from house. I expected something cheesy but whoa. its like all my children meets all the disney masterpieces. Its a keeper.
    :nike:About my hair:
    weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
    daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
    go to style-Pocahontas braids
  • MiseMise Posts: 346Registered Users
    Add me to the list. I didn't think it would be something I'd like. I watched the first episode one night, out of boredom and it got me hooked!
    Think I'm 3b-ish...maybe some 3a there too...plus wavy roots....I'm just a mixed bag!:D CG since August '05
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    sienna40 wrote: »
    My dh and kids and I are glued when once upon a time is on. I love the plot & this is a great role for "cameron" from house. I expected something cheesy but whoa. its like all my children meets all the disney masterpieces. Its a keeper.
    That's where I've seen her! duh! :oops: Much different role.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • cailincailin Posts: 898Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I'm watching it as well. It's totally a guilty pleasure for me. I was afraid it was going to be like "The Charmings" from the 80's..remember that?

Still, I don't get why they had to dress the blue fairy like an extra from "My big fat gypsy wedding" :sign6:
    CGNYC wrote: »
    I have tried watching it and I'll admit it's almost 100% because I'm obsessed with Snow White's makeup. Seriously, anyone get me a product run down for that? I can't get into the actual show and I think I'm done.
    The whole Snow White look? Or a specific aspect of it?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    cailin wrote: »
    I'm watching it as well. It's totally a guilty pleasure for me. I was afraid it was going to be like "The Charmings" from the 80's..remember that?

Still, I don't get why they had to dress the blue fairy like an extra from "My big fat gypsy wedding" :sign6:

I so remember The Charmings! I didn't think anyone else did.
  • I just started watching it. I'm three episodes in and I really like it so far.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    I was hooked on the first three episodes, and then missed, and my computer has been freezing like crazy when watching things lately. I'll have to watch it on On Demand.

I love Faerie Tales! This show put me in the mood to watch my old Faerie Tale Theatres.

I also love Ginnifer Goodwin...I think she's beautiful.
    We finally saw this weeks episode, when it was over hubby said "I don't want it to be over". That is so unlike him.

ETA: Don't you guys love how they mix in pretty much all the fairy tale characters? King Midas was a hoot.

Also, cailin, the blue fairy looks exactly like Cinderallas fairy godmother did in my childhood Golden Book. I love that.
  • cailincailin Posts: 898Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    ShrekLover wrote: »
    We finally saw this weeks episode, when it was over hubby said "I don't want it to be over". That is so unlike him.

ETA: Don't you guys love how they mix in pretty much all the fairy tale characters? King Midas was a hoot.

Also, cailin, the blue fairy looks exactly like Cinderallas fairy godmother did in my childhood Golden Book. I love that.

HA! Really? I love the thought that a character in a Golden Book had a giant rack popping out of her corset.

I feel like it's a wink to adults watching.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    love, love, LOVE it!

:D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    cailin wrote: »
    ShrekLover wrote: »

HA! Really? I love the thought that a character in a Golden Book had a giant rack popping out of her corset.

I feel like it's a wink to adults watching.

I admit I didn't notice her chest. I just remember the outfit and hat. I was really excited when I saw her because I immediately thought of my book.
  • juicyfruitjuicyfruit Posts: 751Registered Users
    Interesting. I also liked Jennifer Morrison on House.
  • greenjumpergreenjumper Posts: 891Registered Users
    Love this show! I really like fairy tales. I was super excited for this show and "Grimm" another show is about fairy tales (However I watched Grimm and didn't really like it).
    Yeah, Grimm is completely different. It's ok, but certainly not the same caliber as Once Upon A Time.
  • caribcurlscaribcurls Posts: 163Registered Users
    I love it. I didn't think I'd be as into it as I am. Guess I'm a sucker for a good fairytale!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using CurlTalk App
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    anyone else get the feeling that "Rumplestiltsken" is the only one who knows what's going on - sort of????
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • lexcoupelexcoupe Posts: 100Registered Users
    I read somewhere that the queen knows what is going on too but she is just hiding it better then him. I love this show and Grimm. They are both completely different but both completely crazy!

Sent from my Droid using CurlTalk App
    - Lexcoupe

Hair type 3C/4A
    Last Relaxer – 10/10
    BC – 5/1/11
    Porosity- Normal to High
    Currently:toothy5:
    Co-Wash - TN, AM
    Poo - SM MR
    LI - Giovanni SAS; Almost anything Curl Junkie
    Styler – And even more Curl Junkie; Mixed Chicks
    Gelly - Umm, did I mention Curl Junkie?
  • NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Posts: 1,012Registered Users
    Add me to the obsessed list!! I think it is so clever how the names of the characters relate to their "fairy tale" person - like how Cinderella is Ashley and Red Riding Hood is Ruby! I think Rumplestilkstin is AMAZING and one of the best actors on tv...why haven't I seen him before?

I can't decide if the Mayor knows who/what everyone is or not.

Any guesses as to what Snow White did to the Queen?
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users
    I have no clue what snow did but boy is this show getting good
    :nike:About my hair:
    weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
    daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
    go to style-Pocahontas braids
  • lexcoupelexcoupe Posts: 100Registered Users
    I thought the queen was Snow's stepmother. Sidebar... were you guys not shocked when you found out the "kid" and the father the queen killed in fantasy land had the same name!

- Lexcoupe

Hair type 3C/4A
    Last Relaxer – 10/10
    BC – 5/1/11
    Porosity- Normal to High
    Currently:toothy5:
    Co-Wash - TN, AM
    Poo - SM MR
    LI - Giovanni SAS; Almost anything Curl Junkie
    Styler – And even more Curl Junkie; Mixed Chicks
    Gelly - Umm, did I mention Curl Junkie?
    I think Rumplestilkstin is AMAZING and one of the best actors on tv...why haven't I seen him before?
    Robert Carlyle was in "Full Monty," which is great, if you haven't seen it. He's fantastically creepy in this!

I think the Mayor has to know what is going on, the way she pulled David's "wife" out of nowhere like that. AND dropped the mirror shard down the big hole in the ground.
    Minneapolis, MN
    rouquinne wrote: »
    anyone else get the feeling that "Rumplestiltsken" is the only one who knows what's going on - sort of????
    yup
    lexcoupe wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the queen knows what is going on too but she is just hiding it better then him. I love this show and Grimm. They are both completely different but both completely crazy!

how could she *not* know whats going on? Shes the one who cast the spell
    Poodlehead wrote: »
    I think Rumplestilkstin is AMAZING and one of the best actors on tv...why haven't I seen him before?
    Robert Carlyle was in "Full Monty," which is great, if you haven't seen it. He's fantastically creepy in this!

I think the Mayor has to know what is going on, the way she pulled David's "wife" out of nowhere like that. AND dropped the mirror shard down the big hole in the ground.
    He used to be in Stargate Universe.
    Add me to the obsessed list!! I think it is so clever how the names of the characters relate to their "fairy tale" person - like how Cinderella is Ashley and Red Riding Hood is Ruby! I think Rumplestilkstin is AMAZING and one of the best actors on tv...why haven't I seen him before?

I can't decide if the Mayor knows who/what everyone is or not.

Any guesses as to what Snow White did to the Queen?
    Im confused as to how the mayor could possibly not know. But yeah Im so curious about what SW might've done.

How does the name ashley relate to cinderella? Cynthia/Cindy, I could see...

And anyone know who henry's father could be?

How is SW that lady's mom?! They're the same age-ish...
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

I get the impression the people in the town don't age, but Emma did.

Ashley = ashes = cinders = Cinderella is my best guess.
    Minneapolis, MN