New Board Sizing and User Names...

SherryLSherryL Posts: 82Registered Users
Hi NC.com!

Overall, I like the new board "style".

However, I post at another hair site (www.longhairlovers.com) which uses this exact same bulletin board styling, so I know that it can indeed fill up an entire page (this is waaaaaay too narrow to read).

The other board also allows for a user name change... I miss my old handle. :(

Other than that, looks great!
3a, BSL, color treated/highlighted, fine strands (but lots of them), high porosity
Routine: Modified CG, protein lover

:walk:
I'm a curly-headed runner, triathlete and foodie! Sweat, chlorine, sun... my hair gets tortured by it daily. It somehow always manages to 'bounce' another day!

Comments

• naturaltnaturalt Posts: 175Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just wanted to copy my post from the non-hair discussion forum. Also, I ditto what Sherry said and I think having the ads on top instead of on either side works better.

HITS :D
      * I like the new smilies, although i do miss mr. constipation :lol: . The ability to have an avatar is promissing, although it doesn't work quite yet.
      *The ability to change font color...
    very cool.
      *Let's see how the board handles images
    IMG_0029.jpg
      *I can see the memberlist. That is pretty cool.
      *I can enter my own reply subject in a thread.
      *I like the link at the top to view my posts. I frequently did that on the old board and it was a several step process.
      *The icons under our posts are more easily understandable now...and the edit/quote icon is nice because now the edit only shows up on posts I have permissions to edit. I used to hit edit instead of quote by accident all the time.

MISSES :(
      *A post doesn't have any indication of any edits that have taken place. ETA- maybe it does. I see that scubagal edited, but I don't see any indication that I have.
      *All of my old PMs are gone... or maybe I can't find them.
      *I miss the color scheme on the old board. This orange on gray is hard on my eyes.
      *I also miss the alternate colors being in rows instead of colums the way it is now. It's much easier to scan topics if every oter one is on a different background color.
      *And last but not least, the width of the board needs to be dynamic. I have one monitor set to 800x600 and the page shows up with horizontal scrolling (big no-no) and I have another monitor set to 1280x1024 and it's just way too narrow. This is a biggie because if I had a choice between taking the old board and losing all these cool new features or taking this one with the new features but super narrowness...I would go with the old board :(.
    cloud9.gif
  • Sugar Plum FairySugar Plum Fairy Posts: 178Registered Users
    I like that we can preview posts and PMs before we send/post them!
    I also like that once a PM has been sent, it is saved in our outbox so we don't lose it. :D

My main issues are the sizing and the username vs. publically displayed names. There seem to be lots of cool features otherwise. :)

*Edited to see if the edit sign comes up*
    *Edited again to say it didn't here- but in another of my posts in the non-hair forum thee was a little note saying "This post has been edited at....bla bla"*
  • Sugar Plum FairySugar Plum Fairy Posts: 178Registered Users
    Ooops, sorry, me again. Just wanted to say that in the feedback forum, at the bottom it says I can post /reply to topics; edit my posts; vote in polls; and delete my posts. In the non-hair forum, however, it says I can post /reply to topics and edit my posts; but I cannot vote in polls or delete my posts. :?

Also, Gretchen posted a thread in the feedback forum saying "here it is" (I think that was the title) and requesting feedback on the new forum. I replied in it and now I can't find it. Where did it go? :?:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks, everyone, for your feedback!

We'll address all your issues as we go. It'll take some time, so please be patient with us.

First orders of business: The time issue and the user names issue.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks Gretchen, I have my name back! Also I'm liking this board now, but could it possibly be a bit wider please.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
    curlylaura wrote:
    Thanks Gretchen, I have my name back! Also I'm liking this board now, but could it possibly be a bit wider please.

We're looking into the width issue. Thanks for your comments!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • GooCurlGirlGooCurlGirl Posts: 28Registered Users
    I'm getting old, this is so hard on my eyes.
    :(
    Delete me please. What I considered a nice honest place to find good info has now become one big advertisement.
    Have a great day!
    curlylaura wrote:

Fixed! Thanks to our awesome programmer, Ian!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • hnyhpshnyhps Posts: 134Registered Users
    the narrowness is awful.
    3b
    Carlos and Carmen Vidal just had a child
    A lovely girl with a crooked smile
    Now they gotta split 'cause the Bronx ain't fit
    For a kid to grow up in
    Let's find a place they say, somewhere far away