CurlTalk

Good shampoo and conditioner?

porquepourquoiporquepourquoi Posts: 9Registered Users
What are good curly shampoo and conditioners? Im a 3a-3b, and I have tried this insanely expensive argan oil shampoo and conditioner which was impractical for my medium-thick hair. It worked well for a couple of weeks, and then stopped. I clarified after that, but it never worked as well as it did. I wasnt getting the results I wanted for something way out of my budget.

At the moment I'm using a Dove conditioner, which I'm guessing is not moisturising enough. It's just a waste when Im using expensive styling products, and still dont get any results. So which ones are you using out there? :D

Comments

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Can't really help with the shampoo as I've got a troublesome scalp and tend to use medicated or herbal things. My favourite conditioner is Tresemme Naturals (moisturising) but I also like Giovanni smooth as silk which I find very moisturising and tend to use when I straighten my hair.
    3b in South Australia.
  • tiama-xtiama-x Posts: 199Registered Users
    Are you CG as in don't use sulfates and silicones?

I've recently found Natural Instinct shampoo and conditioners which are very affordable and CG friendly .. I also use tresemme naturals conditioner and they are very good for value and quality.
    "2 Something ATM"
    Coarse, Medium- Thick, Normal Porosity
    My Routine
    Low 'Poo: curash soothing oatmeal conditioning shampoo
    RO: tresemme naturals moisturising conditioner
    LI: tresemme naturals/kinky curly knot today
    Seal: mix of shea butter/coconut oil
    Goals
    waist length hair & finding a sexual cheapo leave in conditioner for both me and my daughter
  • porquepourquoiporquepourquoi Posts: 9Registered Users
    tiama-x wrote: »
    Are you CG as in don't use sulfates and silicones?

I've recently found Natural Instinct shampoo and conditioners which are very affordable and CG friendly .. I also use tresemme naturals conditioner and they are very good for value and quality.

Im not CG, but I try to avoid cones. I may have a look at tresemme though. Thanks for that!