Sulfate question?

Lena56Lena56 Registered Users Posts: 24
I started with a mod-CG routine in September and everything seemed pretty normal. However, around the end of October my hair started falling really limp and I was getting almost no curl formation before adding gel and I'd have to diffuse forever to get any type of wave. I chalked it up to it getting colder and my hair getting dry because of the winter- so I bought some moisturizing products and went from using low poo 3-4 times a week to about twice a week. I was getting some pretty good results, but my hair just wasn't responding the same as in the summer, so I figured my hair must just really like humidity to get a wave pattern. However, today I used a vitamin-c mixture to get rid of some hair dye, and I used a sulfate shampoo beforehand to clarify. I was expecting my hair to feel awful, but to my surprise it felt amazingly soft and smooth and my waves appeared even without any product- something that hasn't happened since September. Could it be that my hair just likes sulfate? Or could I have just had some weird build up? I don't know if I want to totally abandon CG, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your help!
Mostly 2b with bits of 2c in the front (Fia)
High Porosity (Color treated/flat iron damage)
Fine to Medium Texture
Medium Density
Normal Elasticity

Mod CG since Sept 2011
Co-Wash: Tresemme Naturals Moisture
Low-Poo: Renpure Organics Moisture
Leave in: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Gel: BRHG/KCCC

Comments

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Registered Users Posts: 1,354 Curl Neophyte
    sounds like too me that you had same sort of build up, that would explain y you didnt get any curl formation. if it was going really good before i would keep going now that you've got rid of that build up.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file