Here it is

GretchenGretchen AdministratorPosts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
I know you'll have a lot to say about the new board!

Please say it here.

Disclaimer: We know there's a lot to work out, to perfect. We couldn't really do much troubleshooting til we got it all up and working, but we'll get going on perfecting thing ASAP.

Please help us (constructively!) make this the best board possible! Thanks so much.

ETA: The biggest oddity is the threads being all mixed up date-wise. We're trying to figure it out. In the meanwhile, just find the threads you're into and bump 'em. Or start new topics.

Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!

Comments

• Sugar Plum FairySugar Plum Fairy Posts: 178Registered Users
    Aside from the weird date order thingy, we have no option of having a different publicly displayed name from our user name which we use to log in. I am Sugar Plum Fairy, however my username which I use to log in is wishuponastar (because when I was registering I couldn't think of a different user name). Should I just re-register if I want to be Sugar Plum Fairy again?! I miss me! :(
  • SpinCycleSpinCycle Posts: 724Registered Users
    Aside from the weird date order thingy, we have no option of having a different publicly displayed name from our user name which we use to log in. I am Sugar Plum Fairy, however my username which I use to log in is wishuponastar (because when I was registering I couldn't think of a different user name). Should I just re-register if I want to be Sugar Plum Fairy again?! I miss me! :(

I have the same issue.. :(
    A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ~Thomas Jefferson
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Me too.

I'm curlylaura
  • naturaltnaturalt Posts: 175Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    bump.

This one isn't showing up near the top.
    cloud9.gif
    If it's ok, i'm posting a link to a thread on the non-hair board which had a lot of feedback on the board. Just to save people having to re-post it on this thread. :)

Thread
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Ok, I think the username thing is fixed.

I'm going to have to wait for our programmer to wake up to help with the weird order/date thing to be fixed.

Thanks again for your comments/patience. :D

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen wrote:

Thank you Gretchen. :D I'm really warming to this board. It has so many great new features. :D
    Gretchen wrote:

Thank you Gretchen. :D I'm really warming to this board. It has so many great new features. :D

Good to see you back, SPF! Sorry about the trouble with that.

And thanks for your great comments! We'll keep working to make this even better.
    I still don't see this post on the first page...but anyway...

Is there any way to set the board so that there are more than 10 posts per page (in a thread)?
    cloud9.gif
  • PopscenePopscene Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hi Gretchen!

I think all the new functions on this board are great, but like i said in my post, i just feel it is waaaaaaaaaay too narrow, and like somebody else posted, i don't like the color scheme either. The old board's yellow and black was nice and very easy to read. The font is a little too small here too. It all just hurts my eyes.

It would be great to have the exact same layout as the old board but with all the new functions :) It really felt cozy and nice the way it was layed out before...this is way too cluttered. I know thats probably not possible though :(

Sorry for so much complaining! you've probably read it all already.
    OK, should auto-resize now.

Let's all say thanks to Ian, our fabu programmer! :D

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen wrote:
    OK, should auto-resize now.

Let's all say thanks to Ian, our fabu programmer! :D

It didn't resize...did it? :?:
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I like mostly everything except for the ads on both sides of the page. If those were gone, the forum would go back to the width that everyone seems to be comfortable with. Right now, it feels pretty congested and busy.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    As I said on my post, this new format/color/contrast whatever is WAY too hard on my eyes. It's too bright, too small, too . . . . :shock:

It's too busy. I keep thinking of that song from "Li'l Abner': "Put 'em back, put 'em back, put 'em back the way they was . . . "

Any way to make this more eye-friendly?

Thanks -- I know you all are trying hard, so hate to complain, but I AM getting a headache!!!! :cry:
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    give me a few days and it might grow on me.

but i agree with elizabeth and kerri about the "look".

one of the best things about the NC of old was not being bombarded with advertising... :(
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • MassCurlsMassCurls Posts: 272Registered Users
    I agree with the others - I'm not at all thrilled with this new board. It's terribly difficult to catch up on posts, and it's hard to read because of the way it's sized. Any reason why the ad on the right couldn't be moved over to the left so that the board could be a bit larger and easier to read?

Having been around this community a long time, I've seen lots of changes. But I have to say this is one I'm really not enjoying. Way too hard to read and see things.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    As I said on my post, this new format/color/contrast whatever is WAY too hard on my eyes. It's too bright, too small, too . . . . :shock: ....
    Thanks -- I know you all are trying hard, so hate to complain, but I AM getting a headache!!!! :cry:
    Ditto! I feel a migraine coming, so I'll have to stay off this board a while until it's big/easy enough to see without giving me eyestrain. :cry: I don't really like the new look so far, although the features will proabably be better.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    All of the other message boards I visit use this software so while I'm used to it I miss the old boards :(

I thought I should just let you know that I was unable to register. I couldn't remember my username/e-mail combo and so I thought I should just re-register. Everytime I clicked on the agree link on the terms and conditions page it said "Sorry, that username is already taken". I bet others are having the same issues.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
    Nej wrote:
    All of the other message boards I visit use this software so while I'm used to it I miss the old boards :(

I thought I should just let you know that I was unable to register. I couldn't remember my username/e-mail combo and so I thought I should just re-register. Everytime I clicked on the agree link on the terms and conditions page it said "Sorry, that username is already taken". I bet others are having the same issues.

Thanks for the post; we're working on it. Some can register, some can't. It's quite mysterious.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • emmalineemmaline Posts: 11Registered Users
    I like the board for the most part. I didn't like the format at first, but it's already growing on me and there are so many great features. The only thing I really don't like, like many others said, is the narrowness of the boards. The ads on both sides make it very hard to read. I think all the ads need to be on one side. The color and size of the font makes it hard to read as well. The font seems smaller than the average website font and it needs to be darker or the background needs to be changed or something, but the gray on white is hard on my eyes!

Thanks guys -- I know you've put a lot of work into this new site!
    Thank you Ian for fixing the width issue :).

If people can't remember their passwords they can just use the "Forgot password" feature on the login page. That's what I did and my password was reset and sent to me promptly.
    cloud9.gif
    naturalt wrote:
    Thank you Ian for fixing the width issue :).

The width hasn't been fixed for me. It's still the same on my computer. Is it just me? :?
  • mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    I'll be the pooh-pooher of the bunch. I really don't like this new layout. The colors are hard on the eyes and the width (or lack thereof) makes everything hard to read. I am not sure if I will even read the boards as much because it is just too hard on my eyes all around. Perhaps I just need to get used to the new look, but I somehow doubt it.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
    So you guys don't see the width as larger? How does it compare to the "Post a reply" screen for you? The Reply screen is the width the thread used to be for me and now it's nice and wide. It changes based on how big I make my browser.

What is your screen resolution set to?

mazey- you aren't alone about this color scheme. I think we can all agree that this gray is really hard on the eyes. :(

Hopefully this new board won't break like the old board used to when it got full.
    cloud9.gif
  • FuzzyheadFuzzyhead Posts: 9Registered Users
    I have to agree with everyone; liked the old one better. If it aint broke, dont fix it.
  • emmalineemmaline Posts: 11Registered Users
    The width is the same for me as it was before. It looks even narrower than the reply screen. I tried refreshing but it didn't help.

Also, is the board really slow for anyone else? Or is it just my computer?
  • SherryLSherryL Posts: 82Registered Users
    The width is still the same for me now as it was this morning... no difference at all. I'm going to agree with the rest about the color scheme as well... something needs to be done with it. Otherwise, I absolutely LOVE the features of the new board. I think that once all of the small technical bugs get fixed, it will be awesome!

Thanks for all of your hard work G & M!!!
    3a, BSL, color treated/highlighted, fine strands (but lots of them), high porosity
    Routine: Modified CG, protein lover

:walk:
    I'm a curly-headed runner, triathlete and foodie! Sweat, chlorine, sun... my hair gets tortured by it daily. It somehow always manages to 'bounce' another day!
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    There's a thread on this, but thought you might not see it:

Many of us can't get the search function to work. I tried searching by keyword, by author, by subject -- on topics from yesterday that I know were there, and for topics I had just seen so I KNOW I had the info right.

Always same result: No results for this search (or however it was worded). Tried a lot of different stuff -- same result. Nil.

The old search for me was always too slow and sometimes incomplete, but I would get SOMETHING 8)
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
    We're working on search. Thanks so much for the alert.

I just got registration fixed. So those of you who were having trouble should be able to register now. Let me know if that's not the case.

Thanks again for your patience, everyone.
  • ETcurlsETcurls Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hmmmm... I don't think I've seen this one posted yet, but. . . I have been unable to access anyone's pics by clicking on the www button on their posts. Now, I am using Opera instead of Internet Explorer as my browser, so that might be the problem. I think I have the most current Opera. Once posting this, I may have time to log out and then log in using IE as my browser. If that works, I'll let you know!

BTW, thanks for all your wonderful efforts!

Frances

Edited to add: Well, maybe I stand corrected! I was able to bring up some websites with pics, such as Gretchen's and Mazey's, in both IE and Opera. I guess some have somehow in their profiles activated the website info but not actually put in a full website address? At any rate, I'm a happy camper now as I have again been able to see some of the beautiful ladies on this board! :D
    "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." --Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file