FSG with tea ball

I'm very interesting in making my flax seed gel with a tea ball as I have a hard time squeezing it all out using a stocking. For those of you that have had success, what type of tea ball do you use? Please provide a link if possible.
Hair Type: 3b/3c (I think! lol)

Quit using heat 9 months ago :)

Comments

• ajgrneyesajgrneyes Posts: 103Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've never used a tea ball, but I gave up straining mine with a stocking and use a strainer that I bought at Walmart, there were 4 in the package, all different sizes and it works great.
    sulfate, silicone and protein free since 6/11
    porosity - normal to low
    elasticity - normal

love my curls :love4:
    HGs:
    FSG
    Henna
    My own butter mixture
    My own version of Terressentials mud wash
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Wouldn't the tea balls have to be HUGE in order to fit all the flaxseeds? I only have a little one at home -- I know that the amount of flax I use definitely wouldn't be able to fit in there! It's an awesome concept, though! :) The only other thing I can think of would be sticking the seeds in the stocking (or cheesecloth or something) and then sticking the stocking in the water to boil, but it might prevent all the gell-y goodness from getting out. ;) I dunno, just a thought. I use a regular strainer and it works great -- a little bit of the gel gets stuck on the bottom, though.
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Someone on here said they use a stocking bc they can let the gel get really thick, and then use tongs to squeeze out gel. She also said that way she can just toss the stocking into the trash when done.

I just use a wire strainer, myself, but her idea does sound like a good one.
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
  • laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Posts: 239Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Tried the tea ball...doesn't work at all. I boiled for 45 minutes and still no gel-esque consistency.
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    When I made my own FSG I used a French Press Coffee Maker. Worked great!
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • madametjmadametj Posts: 119Registered Users
    Jas76 wrote: »
    Someone on here said they use a stocking bc they can let the gel get really thick, and then use tongs to squeeze out gel. She also said that way she can just toss the stocking into the trash when done.

I just use a wire strainer, myself, but her idea does sound like a good one.

Thats what I do. The problem with that is that the stocking stretches A LOT and its a fight to squeeze the dern gel out. I don't use a regular strainer because I get about 3 times more gel with the stocking method.

I have no French Press :(
    Hair Type: 3b/3c (I think! lol)

Quit using heat 9 months ago :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file