What Are You Purging for 2012?!

Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
So I was running some errands yesterday w/the family and had a convo w/an old friend about how rough this past yr has been. During that conversation I happened to turn around and looked at this plaque in Hallmark w/2 women getting mani/pedi's that said "I'm too blessed to be stressed" and had to laugh to myself bc despite the fact that I have been to HELL and back this year I'm still here, I have my health, I have people who genuinely love me and would give me the world and in the end THINGS COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE!

I say this all to say that I really had to sit down these past few months and examine the relationships I had w/people as well as other situations that were occurring in my life and decide whether they were positive or negative. Some got to stay while others just had to go because they had became detrimental to my life. So...I am listing the things that I am purging in 2011 that I REFUSE to take w/me into 2012 bc I am a firm believer that positive thinking breeds positive outcomes!

1) This extra weight has got to go! That is why I have been in the gym working it out for the past 2 months and will continue to do so for the remainder of 2011 and into 2012 to maintain my progress!

2) Things that I have absolutely no control over. If I can help in some way great, but if there's absolutely NOTHING I can do about it I have to give it to GOD and move on!

3) My Deadbeat Ex and all the drama/confusion I've allowed him to bring into my life (Maybe that should be #1! LOL)

So...my list isn't very long but these have been my major areas of UNNECESSARY stress this pass yr. So what are you all purging for the new year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
(Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png

Comments

• adst2nvadst2nv Posts: 215Registered Users
    Great thread!! I may add to this later on but for now here's my list:

1. 50 pounds or more

2. Unnecessary debt/spending

3. Negative thoughts and people

In no particular order. I am asking God for his guidance and help through this change. I cannot and will not be successful without Him.

This year has been rough for me as well. I'm glad to see the New Year approaching.
    4b mostly, with some 4a

BC'ed: Sept. 2009
    Loving my hair as God intended it to be!! :love7:
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    1. About 20 pounds!
    2.Worrying excessively about things that have not happened or that are beyond my control
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    adst2nv wrote: »
    Great thread!! I may add to this later on but for now here's my list:

1. 50 pounds or more

2. Unnecessary debt/spending

3. Negative thoughts and people

In no particular order. I am asking God for his guidance and help through this change. I cannot and will not be successful without Him.

This year has been rough for me as well. I'm glad to see the New Year approaching.

Ita. I have never been this glad to see a new yr come! Lol. The first 6 months of this past yr were sooooo rough and dragged on sooo slowly that is seemed like each passing day was a battle just to get through. Now that I look back on it I'm upset about the personal things I was going through bc I missed half a year! But we live and we learn you know? I can definitely say that despite all the bs I've been through this yr it was definitely a learning experience and for that I can appreciate all the negaitive ish I went through!
    LAwoman wrote: »
    1. About 20 pounds!
    2.Worrying excessively about things that have not happened or that are beyond my control

This is one of my major areas as well. One thing that I noticed that helped is making a list when I get really stressed. I write down everything in my life that's a stressor and put it in the center column. Then to the right or left (whichever you prefer) you label one side 'can' and the other 'can't'. Then you start identifying which of all your stressor's you really can realistically do something about. Now this will only work if your honest w/yourself when doing it. You can't have my SO is an a$s in your stressor pile and then put it in your 'can' column like you can really change him! Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    In 2012 I would like to purge --

1. My parents, family, friends who insist on sucking the life out of me.
    2. My boss's OCD issues (just wishful thinking, I can't force him to deal with it).
    3. Stress, depression, unhappiness, anger, whining, cursing, drinking, laziness (can't purge these but would like to decrease them).
    4. Debt (if real estate would pick up and I could sell my house, I could do this one!).
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Most importantly drama...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    All the extra stuff I think about
  • SurlycurlySurlycurly Posts: 156Registered Users
    For 2012 I'd like to purge (in no particular order):

1. My constant worrying and negativity
    2. Excess weight
    3. Debt (well, at least decrease it a little!)
    I need to jump on the debt bandwagon as well! I really wanna get a good handle on my student loans this year. I'm still not in my repayment period bc I'm back in school but it's gonna be here before I know it and I really want to buy a home in the next year or two so this is a must!

event.png

event.png
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    - My coursework. I'm scheduled to finish at the end of April. If I can do it earlier I'll be over the moon.

- About 5kg.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Posts: 2,816Registered Users
    What would I like to purge in 2012?

This year has sucked azz.
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • adst2nvadst2nv Posts: 215Registered Users

Lol!!! Totally agree. You don't know the half of it!
    4b mostly, with some 4a

BC'ed: Sept. 2009
    Loving my hair as God intended it to be!! :love7:
    adst2nv wrote: »

Lol!!! Totally agree. You don't know the half of it!

+2! Lmao. I must say at least in the end we can find some humor tho.

event.png

event.png
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    i decided months ago to let go of a friendship that has been mostly draining on me for almost 13 years. i've been the "ear," emotional crutch, and shoulder to literally and figuratively cry on most of this time. i didn't know how life-sucking she was until i had gone a whole week with no contact from her earlier in the year. the first time the phone rang and i saw her name pop up, my body tensed and i had a knot in my stomach. THAT was the beginning of me knowing that it was time to assess my relationship with her, what she's ever meant to me, and whether going on being friends was healthy for my peace.

she's not an evil person, nor is she someone who could appreciate why i think we've run our course. so i've been successfully distancing myself and becoming unavailable over the last several months. i know she notices, but i also know she's not the type who'll confront me about it. it'll fade away before or shortly after the new year. i'm not happy about it, but i'd be lying if i said i'm not relieved.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    I would like to purge:

-Excess weight. I really have put on the pounds and its time to get serious about my health
    -Laziness - I really need to get off my butt in 2012 and make things happen that I want to happen!
    rainshower wrote: »
    i decided months ago to let go of a friendship that has been mostly draining on me for almost 13 years. i've been the "ear," emotional crutch, and shoulder to literally and figuratively cry on most of this time. i didn't know how life-sucking she was until i had gone a whole week with no contact from her earlier in the year. the first time the phone rang and i saw her name pop up, my body tensed and i had a knot in my stomach. THAT was the beginning of me knowing that it was time to assess my relationship with her, what she's ever meant to me, and whether going on being friends was healthy for my peace.

she's not an evil person, nor is she someone who could appreciate why i think we've run our course. so i've been successfully distancing myself and becoming unavailable over the last several months. i know she notices, but i also know she's not the type who'll confront me about it. it'll fade away before or shortly after the new year. i'm not happy about it, but i'd be lying if i said i'm not relieved.

I can COMPLETELY relate to that. My friendship w/this person didn't go on as long as yours did but for those few years that it did I never realized how exhausting the 'friendship' was until I let it go. So I say bravo:occasion5: to you for doing what you knew was best for you in the end and hopefully your friend will one day get to the point that she will be able to help herself as well.

event.png

event.png
  • juicyfruitjuicyfruit Posts: 751Registered Users
    Excess weight. I'm working on it now.
  • RobinP92202RobinP92202 Posts: 213Registered Users
    Lots of kids' stuff...I have to fit another boy and all the baby stuff to go with him in the house in early march :)

Sent from my Ally using CurlTalk App
    Robin
    *mama to 3 little boys and a 4th due in early March
    *3a shoulder length curls
    *experimenting with the CG method
  • tiama-xtiama-x Posts: 199Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    1. Give birth to a healthy, happy baby in February

2. Be a loving caring mum to both my children

3. Lose the baby weight back to pre pre pregnancy weight (50kg)

4. Have no debts and pay all bills on time.

5. Be there for my partner and family.

6. Be happy :)
    "2 Something ATM"
    Coarse, Medium- Thick, Normal Porosity
    My Routine
    Low 'Poo: curash soothing oatmeal conditioning shampoo
    RO: tresemme naturals moisturising conditioner
    LI: tresemme naturals/kinky curly knot today
    Seal: mix of shea butter/coconut oil
    Goals
    waist length hair & finding a sexual cheapo leave in conditioner for both me and my daughter
    Lots of kids' stuff...I have to fit another boy and all the baby stuff to go with him in the house in early march :)

Sent from my Ally using CurlTalk App
    tiama-x wrote: »
    1. Give birth to a healthy, happy baby in February

2. Be a loving caring mum to both my children

3. Lose the baby weight back to pre pre pregnancy weight (50kg)

4. Have no debts and pay all bills on time.

5. Be there for my partner and family.

6. Be happy :)

Congrats to you both on your pregnancies!:cheers:

event.png

event.png
  • duckyducky Posts: 927Registered Users
    I'm hoping to drop about a size, which I think will equate to 15-20 pounds. I hope.

I will pay off my credit cards by the end of 2012. Yay!

This up-and-down depression cycle - I think with better diet and exercise, I might be able to just be normal, without the ok highs and extreme lows.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm purging:

- My grudges. Life is too short.

- My self doubt and low self-expectations. I don't expect the best for myself so I settle for less than I deserve in relationships, how I treat myself, etc.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • secret_karmasecret_karma Posts: 438Registered Users
    Good Topic!

I've already started purging :-) just deleted a few people from my life, lose about 40 lbs, donate unnecessary stuff around my house.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlTalk App
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I've also started to re-evaluate a relationship I have with someone I used to consider a friend. She wasn't a particularly close one, just someone I hung out with now and then. However, lately I've actually begun to see just how negative she is. She also took advantage of me awhile ago when I paid for both of us to attend a Ne-Yo concert and she has yet to pay me a dime for her share. I've done the same for other friends and I haven't had an issue. Not this person. I've been distancing myself from her over the last few months so hopefully by early next year, she'll be out of my life completely.

I'm also re-evaluating my relationships with certain family members who've also taken advantage of me in the past. Actually, I've been doing this for the last several years and I no longer allow them to disrespect me in that manner but at the moment, my past cowardice is starting to bite me in the ass. My lack of self esteem within my family of origin in the past spilled over into other relationships. It's one thing to dump a friend and keep it moving, since they're replaceable, but it's not so easy to completely cut off someone you share DNA with. Ultimately, I'm looking for a new way to relate to these family members without going back to my old ways or disowning them and I haven't quite figured it out yet.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    1) I want to lose 25lbs
    2) I want to get rid of junk. I need to pare down on stuff.
    3) I want to lose self-doubt.
    4) I want to get rid of my lazy perfectionism.
    3c/4a
    ducky wrote: »
    I'm hoping to drop about a size, which I think will equate to 15-20 pounds. I hope.

I will pay off my credit cards by the end of 2012. Yay!

This up-and-down depression cycle - I think with better diet and exercise, I might be able to just be normal, without the ok highs and extreme lows.

Consistent exercise does wonders for depression.
    LadyV69 wrote: »
    I've also started to re-evaluate a relationship I have with someone I used to consider a friend. She wasn't a particularly close one, just someone I hung out with now and then. However, lately I've actually begun to see just how negative she is. She also took advantage of me awhile ago when I paid for both of us to attend a Ne-Yo concert and she has yet to pay me a dime for her share. I've done the same for other friends and I haven't had an issue. Not this person. I've been distancing myself from her over the last few months so hopefully by early next year, she'll be out of my life completely.

I'm also re-evaluating my relationships with certain family members who've also taken advantage of me in the past. Actually, I've been doing this for the last several years and I no longer allow them to disrespect me in that manner but at the moment, my past cowardice is starting to bite me in the ass. My lack of self esteem within my family of origin in the past spilled over into other relationships. It's one thing to dump a friend and keep it moving, since they're replaceable, but it's not so easy to completely cut off someone you share DNA with. Ultimately, I'm looking for a new way to relate to these family members without going back to my old ways or disowning them and I haven't quite figured it out yet.

I think a lot of people struggle w/the family issue. I however don't have that problem... (well not anymore) Lol. Family or not if your a detriment your a detriment but somehow for me it's been easier to dismiss family members then 'boyfriends' in the past. Crazy but true. Now I just dismiss them all! Lol.

I'm also seriously giving up red meat, but now instead of waiting till 2012. I had some complications w/my gallbladder surgery the other yr so whenever I eat red meat w/out taking a certain med first it tears my body up. So it comes down to either giving up red meat or taking the med which really only helps out a little. I'd honestly rather just give up the red meat.

event.png

event.png
    So the most recent thing I have purged is my hair! Lol. After transitioning for 16 months and 2 weeks I did a spur of the moment BC last night and am now completely natural. Yah! I am looking forward to enjoying my curls in 2012:hello1:!

event.png

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file