Anyone else have that weird triangle shape???

Ok, so my hair tends to have this weird triangle shape. Does anyone know what I mean? It's like flatter on top then like widens as it gets to ends. Why does it look like that??? Please help..:toothy4:

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That's a pretty classic sign of a curl inappropriate haircut.

Siri types my posts for me.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • tashastanglestashastangles Posts: 17Registered Users
    Sounds like you need some layers so you will have volume on top also

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • drummerswife24drummerswife24 Posts: 27Registered Users
    That's a pretty classic sign of a curl inappropriate haircut.

Siri types my posts for me.

I got my ends cut at a dominican salon about 6 weeks or more ago. What can I do? It's growing and I don't want to cut it:pale:
    Sounds like you need some layers so you will have volume on top also

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

How much has to get cut for layers? Will it start to look normal as it grows longer. It's like shoulder length curly...
  • TraceWallTraceWall Posts: 22Registered Users
    So, before you start laying blame places - there might be a simple solution, er, culprit. Depending on your hair type and how thick it is, gravity could be to blame. womp womp.

Good news here, though, is that there is a pretty awesome (given that it is so easy) solution - duck bill clips!

CurlMart sells some, but you can find these pretty much anywhere (esp. a salon that caters to curlies). Once you get out of the shower and have applied your desired product, simply insert the duck bill clips at your roots to hold the curls up - you will probably only really need about 5 or 6.

When curls dry, gravity pulls, and the duck bill clips don't let it! They hold the curls up, create volume at the top and DONT disturb the curl pattern.

Voila. Give it a try. Side note: Ouidad, Tigi, Deva - all of these branded stylists do this when they set your curls, so trust me when I say - it works! Here: Ouidad gives you a video to try it out.

Here's a pic of how it looks in the hair:
    TraceWall wrote: »
    So, before you start laying blame places - there might be a simple solution, er, culprit. Depending on your hair type and how thick it is, gravity could be to blame. womp womp.

Good news here, though, is that there is a pretty awesome (given that it is so easy) solution - duck bill clips!

CurlMart sells some, but you can find these pretty much anywhere (esp. a salon that caters to curlies). Once you get out of the shower and have applied your desired product, simply insert the duck bill clips at your roots to hold the curls up - you will probably only really need about 5 or 6.

When curls dry, gravity pulls, and the duck bill clips don't let it! They hold the curls up, create volume at the top and DONT disturb the curl pattern.

Voila. Give it a try. Side note: Ouidad, Tigi, Deva - all of these branded stylists do this when they set your curls, so trust me when I say - it works! Here: Ouidad gives you a video to try it out.

Here's a pic of how it looks in the hair:

Thanks! I'll give it a try

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file