CurlTalk

Hot Girls with natural Hair

naturaldollnaturaldoll Posts: 567Registered Users
I'm not sure how you all will feel abou this, but here goes..

I've been transitioning for 9 months, and for the last 6 of those months I've been in a relationship. My boyfriend is from el salvador, the only central american country with zero black population. Yup I said ZERO. Because of this he has zero experience with kinky hair, or even curly, and when we got together I didn't really have enough new growth to be noticeable. Eventually I realized he didn't understand about the diffrence of hair textures with blacks and relaxers, he was under the impression the relaxed hair is how it grows out of black women's scalps. I explained to him that my hair grows in extremely curly, Like a afro, and chemicals make it straight, but I wouldn't be using those anymore . His reaction was "eww." I took this as a challenge. I've spent months trying to "train" him to be attracted to kinky hair, by pointing out and in some cases surrounding him with images of beautiful, sexy women with natural hair. I believe it's working, he now points out naturals on the street and tells me he likes their hair, he's looking forward to when a twist out turns out well on my hair, and he wants me to big chop.

Anyway I've been rambling, sorry. I was wondering could ya'll help me find useful pictures of naturals with type 4 hair, by posting them in this thread. It might even be fun for us and affirming for those newbies who struggle with selfconfidence, or the negative reactions of others.

I'm looking for really pretty/beautiful women with type 4 hair, rocking their natural texture. Celeb or regular person not important. I'd perfer the pictures be provocative/sexy, but not vulgar. I personally love model types, nice makeup, and cool clothes, like kurlybella of kisforkinky and cipriana of urbanbushbabe. I'll start:
hothair.jpg
hothair2.jpg

:love5:They're both the same girl. It's really close to bed time and I'm sleepy so she's all I got at the moment.:afro:
Last Relaxer: February 14, 2011
BC: March 17, 2012
Porosity: Low to Normal
Curl Type: 4a/3c
Texture: Coarse
Density: Thick
Length:shoulder
24661416.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
:love4::afro:

Comments

• CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Posts: 1,145Registered Users
    Beautiful women exist in all colors with all hair textures. If your boyfriend does not realize that, I assure you, there are other issues outside of his opinions of hair.
    People should be willing to stand by the things they say. Or they shouldn't say them. If your opinion can't stand in the light of day...maybe it should stay in the dark...in your head?

- AmberBrown
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Beautiful women exist in all colors with all hair textures. If your boyfriend does not realize that, I assure you, there are other issues outside of his opinions of hair.
    +1000
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Posts: 2,320Registered Users
    NappyHeaded-Afro-Goddess.jpg
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
    No you didn't

*DEAD*
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    CocoT wrote: »
    No you didn't

*DEAD*

Yes, she did.
    *DEADER THAN DEAD*
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
    i sure did.
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users
    *Buried*
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    How would you show him the pictures? I don't think it would be effective to just sit him down and say, "Look at these pictures."
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    We had a thread a long time ago but a new one is a good idea! Most of the pics in the old one are outdated or links aren't working. They aren't "provocative/sexy" but you don't need all that to see beauty in natural hair.

Pictures of beautiful 4a hair!
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users
    Number 1: Keeny..you wrong. LOL!

Number 2: It's not my place to tell anyone what kind of man to want or be with but I feel like if a woman has to go finding "provocative and sexy" pictures of other women to help her boyfriend/husband/lover/jumpoff approve of/accept/justify/feel turned on by the fact that she has a certain type of hair..it's sort of sad. If he/she likes being with you..then that's all that should matter not how effable you'll be once your braid out, twist out, fro out..or whatever else turns out right or grows longer.

Frankly, if I felt like I had to do that for a man..that would be a dayum wrap on the relationship. Wouldn't make me no nevermind that he claims he aint never seen no naps before. My view would be "Well..now you'll see mine..walking da hell away."

And..naturaldol I don't say any of that to clown you or toss shade on you. If that's you in your avatar..your dayum hair is gorgeous..YOU are gorgeous..and you don't need to ask us to find you no naughty nappy pics for you to show ya man. He got you in RL..if that's not enough....I darn sure don't see why you..as beautiful as your hair is and as pretty as you are need to play 4a picture pimp..picking out kinky (pun intended) naturals he can get off on.

And while I'm not mad at you or trying to be mean...I am rather disgusted by the very notion!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
    *Marah* wrote: »

Number 2: It's not my place to tell anyone what kind of man to want or be with but I feel like if a woman has to go finding "provocative and sexy" pictures of other women to help her boyfriend/husband/lover/jumpoff approve of/accept/justify/feel turned on by the fact that she has a certain type of hair..it's sort of sad. If he/she likes being with you..then that's all that should matter not how effable you'll be once your braid out, twist out, fro out..or whatever else turns out right or grows longer.

Frankly, if I felt like I had to do that for a man..that would be a dayum wrap on the relationship. Wouldn't make me no nevermind that he claims he aint never seen no naps before. My view would be "Well..now you'll see mine..walking da hell away."

And..naturaldol I don't say any of that to clown you or toss shade on you. If that's you in your avatar..your dayum hair is gorgeous..YOU are gorgeous..and you don't need to ask us to find you no naughty nappy pics for you to show ya man. He got you in RL..if that's not enough....I darn sure don't see why you..as beautiful as your hair is and as pretty as you are need to play 4a picture pimp..picking out kinky (pun intended) naturals he can get off on.

And while I'm not mad at you or trying to be mean...I am rather disgusted by the very notion!

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

I agree 100000%
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
  • AllieCat0817AllieCat0817 Posts: 301Registered Users
    Youtube vids!
    Naptural85
    DenimPixie
    Charzboss
    And a trillion others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • BellaAmoreBellaAmore Posts: 253Registered Users

Exactly what I was thinking.
    :wav::wav:
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    Cosigning with Marah and literally "LOL" at Keeny.

Blame it on the cell phone...
  • Talisa3636Talisa3636 Posts: 310Registered Users
    lol I saw the picture Keeny posted on tumblr! Hilarious indeed. I was on tumblr last night thinking "but, but she took out her puff and that's how it looks sometimes!" :laughing9:
    4a hair: Fall/Winter HG's
    Qhemet: Alma and Olive Heavy Cream, Cocoa Tree
    Curl Junkie: DF, CIAB, Honey Butta, Curl Reham
    Oyin: Honey Hemp, Sugar Berry
    Anita Grant: Creamy Cafe Latte, Rhassoul DC, Babassu Amla Shampoo Bar, Monoi De Tahiti
    Bee Mine: Curly Butter
    Other: Millenia Mud, Hicks Oil
    Homemade: Jamila Henna, Alba UnPetroleum Mix, Scalp Oil Blend, Aloe/Condish Spray, Condition Rinse (Aussie Moist & Mane and Tail)
    :happy6: : www.fotki.com/talisa3636
  • cheveuxboucléscheveuxbouclés Posts: 1,111Registered Users
    and WHO wrote that tag? I say WHO WROTE THAT DAMN TAG?!
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    I'm still dying at that picture:laughing9:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    I'm still dying at that picture:laughing9:

Right? I woke up this morning laughing at it.

And I agree with Marah a billion percent. OP, I know that you were not trying to be offensive, but I was certainly taken aback at your post/request/rationale.
    People should be willing to stand by the things they say. Or they shouldn't say them. If your opinion can't stand in the light of day...maybe it should stay in the dark...in your head?

- AmberBrown
  • ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users
    Keeny .... To the corner !

You cheered me up after a very stressful 3 hour exam .

To the OP , are u sure your boyfriend needs the affirmation that women with Afro textured hair are sexy ? I am sure he already knows that ... He is with you , isn't that enough ?
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    LOL@ the tag!!!!!!

Keeny, smh LOL
    Lmao at the tag1

On my EVO. I'm too fancy for proofreading.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I can't with Keeny's picture.

Seriously, OP, even though the request for pictures of afro-textured women isn't common, the topic of "my man doesn't like my natural hair" comes up frequently on hair boards. My answer is always the same: if the guy is so shallow that he can't accept the way your hair grows out of your scalp, he's not worth your time. He either accepts everything about you or he doesn't. If he's too far gone and totally brainwashed, showing him pictures of women with highly textured hair may not do anything but reinforce his belief that it's ugly.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
  • tbabyytbabyy Posts: 570Registered Users
    Currently Obsessed with...

nothing but pictures of natural haired girls
    b04fbffc-52c8-49d6-a7f1-77140040642d.jpg

LITTLE JOEY HAS A SIBLING ON THE WAY! :toothy7:
  • KilajoKilajo Posts: 786Registered Users

Rotflmao

I haven't read the other posts yet, but da%$ this is funny.

On my EVO
  • KilajoKilajo Posts: 786Registered Users

I agree. I thought OPs post was a joke at first....

On my EVO
  • thatwhimsygirlthatwhimsygirl Posts: 19Registered Users
    I don't think she's saying he thinks it's unattractive as much as he's never been exposed to it. She just wants to add hot natural hair images to his world.
    After I gained weight - I bought artwork that showed women in their curvy wonderfulness. Just highlighting my own natural attributes.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Ah. I had a bf from el salvador.

GOOD LUCK!!!! He is not going to change. So if he can't accept you now don't be mad when two years down the line he's still acting like an asshat.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    I don't think she's saying he thinks it's unattractive as much as he's never been exposed to it. She just wants to add hot natural hair images to his world.
    After I gained weight - I bought artwork that showed women in their curvy wonderfulness. Just highlighting my own natural attributes.

He said, "Ew" when she said she was growing out her curly hair. IMO, that counts as thinking it's unattractive.

And the artwork that you bought was for you, and that's awesome. It was not for a man or someone else that you needed to convince that an aspect of you is beautiful.

- AmberBrown
    Whoever made that tag needs to occupy a large seat in the corner. Y'all ain't right.
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
  • favoritecolorblufavoritecolorblu Posts: 287Registered Users
    I think OP is just trying to expose him to things he's never seen. Idk, maybe it'll work. Maybe everytime he's seen natural hair it was unkept. Who knows.
This discussion has been closed.