why never any curly haired vs models??

sweetmx85sweetmx85 Registered Users Posts: 1,017 Curl Neophyte
i dont think ive ever seen a vs runway show w a model w super curly hair...
thats sort of messed up!
still wanna be one in my dreams but thats messed up

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Blog:www.curlygirlie85.blogspot.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/sophiams85
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Registered Users Posts: 1,354 Curl Neophyte
    ive noticed that as well, that they all have super straight slicked back hair, with tones of back combing and hair spray....... gives me the shivers when i think bout it, sounds horrible!

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Registered Users Posts: 494 Curl Novice
    I watched the show the other night and noticed the same thing. Also they never have any curlies in their catalogues.
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Registered Users Posts: 955
    I was thinking the EXACT same thing last night while I was watching the show. It just goes to show that we still have a long way to go with having curly hair being as widely accepted/believing curly is as 'sexy' as straight hair is (for last night's show at least).

It still would have been nice though to have at least seen some curls strutting down the runway. I too daydreamed for a while what it would have felt like to have been the first curly haired model strutting my stuff down the vs runway.:walk: You never know. I'm sure it will happen one day but how soon idk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • SaraNoHSaraNoH Registered Users Posts: 827
    mmmmm, how is that messed up? I doubt that they choose their models based on their hair type. There ARE models with natural hair, they just aren't the top models in the world, therefore are not picked for the show. There's more people with straightish hair anyways.

I really don't understand all of this "we're not represented" stuff. Just don't let it bother you. I don't know of anyone in the real world who thinks curly hair is ugly etc. Many times I've been told of others envy of my hair. People just don't like it, or any hair, if it looks like you rolled out of bed.
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*
  • favoritecolorblufavoritecolorblu Registered Users Posts: 287
    It is kind of messed up though...

And curly hair is the most common hair type. Seeing that it is dominant, it wouldn't be hard to believe.
  • SayoonSayoon Registered Users Posts: 432 Curl Neophyte
    Hmm maybe cuz curly hair isn't as easy as straight hair when it comes to styling cuz models need to do alot of things n use lots of products n completely fry their hair , but at least they could control it better than curly.
  • sweetmx85sweetmx85 Registered Users Posts: 1,017 Curl Neophyte
    Sayoon wrote: »
    Hmm maybe cuz curly hair isn't as easy as straight hair when it comes to styling cuz models need to do alot of things n use lots of products n completely fry their hair , but at least they could control it better than curly.

maybe, maybe its not as sultry and its more of a youthful look to them they normally go for a bed head look too and i know my bed head look is more on the verge of crack head rather than sultry lol lopsided and some straight parts lol

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Blog:www.curlygirlie85.blogspot.com
    YouTube: www.youtube.com/sophiams85
    my blog
    http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
    Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GroYoFroGroYoFro Registered Users Posts: 237 Curl Neophyte
    SaraNoH wrote: »
    mmmmm, how is that messed up? I doubt that they choose their models based on their hair type. There ARE models with natural hair, they just aren't the top models in the world, therefore are not picked for the show. There's more people with straightish hair anyways.

I really don't understand all of this "we're not represented" stuff. Just don't let it bother you. I don't know of anyone in the real world who thinks curly hair is ugly etc. Many times I've been told of others envy of my hair. People just don't like it, or any hair, if it looks like you rolled out of bed.

i couldn't agree with you any more...
    "Life is too short to keep your hair short"

Click here to visit - GRO YO FRO!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file