Relaxing hennaed hair

mintheminthe BannedPosts: 209Banned Users
I've read in several places that it is OK to use a relaxer on hennaed hair, BUT I've used Rainbow henna which I've learned later is questionable on quality. I usually use a mix of Rainbow and Jamila cause I'm trying to use up the Rainbow. My hair is 2C - very thick. I want to use a relaxer like Pink Oil made for black hair. I've done this before with some success even though I don't have a black hair type (My mom is biracial black white and dad is Indian). Though my hair is sorta dry now from the hennaing. Is it OK to use a relaxer over hennaed hair? How long should I wait, if so? The Rainbow I bought is Red - it says it's just lawsonia henna, anyway.
ddkodd.jpg2jcfs6t.jpg
Proud to be Indian-Iranian American

"I'd rather they say they hate Jews than hide behind some stupid bs about them being attacked."
--Marah Mizrahi (on Middle Eastern relations)

Comments

• jmartinezjmartinez Posts: 126Registered Users
    I wouldnt relax, its breaks your hair off. Theres also no such thing as a black relaxer. The black lady on the box is just marketing, it would be like asking for lotion for white skin. Relaxers have the same ingredients for everyone

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • LilBirdLyricLilBirdLyric Posts: 42Registered Users
    +1 I wouldn't relax either...but...

Are you deep conditioning after the henna? I would wait until you've restored moisture back to your hair before attempting to relax...
    :love2: Natural since July 2009 :love2:
    Hair Type: 4a
    Regimen: Ayuverdic + Natural
    Blog: A Naturally Kinky-Curvy Cyster
  • mintheminthe Banned Posts: 209Banned Users
    I mix in deep conditioner with my henna treatments so it doesn't dry my hair too awful much. I think I'm going to wait on the relaxing tho. My hair isn't looking good toward the ends. I often pull it back or sleep on it before fully drying it so it tangles then BREAKS when I try to untangle it. I'm going to get some cut off and then I'll see what kind of shape it's in, if the damage is more throughout my hair rather than these ratty ends. Thanks for the responses! :santa:
    ddkodd.jpg2jcfs6t.jpg
    Proud to be Indian-Iranian American

"I'd rather they say they hate Jews than hide behind some stupid bs about them being attacked."
    --Marah Mizrahi (on Middle Eastern relations)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file