kim k, domestic violence & "play" fighting

luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
what do y'all think of this?

i have to run but want to get the discussion going. i'll be back later to weigh in.
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    what do y'all think of this?

i have to run but want to get the discussion going. i'll be back later to weigh in.

I don't follow these Kardashian people, but I have heard that this Kim and her new husband are divorcing after a very brief marriage. Yeah, I have to agree with the commentators in that video that this was domestic violence. It's never OK to punch your partner, no matter the size difference, no matter which one is punching whom. It's violence and shouldn't be done in any relationships...marriage, partners, siblings, cousins, etc. This is why I have never allowed physical contact between my children. No hitting allowed. Period.
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I watched it with my mouth open in horror.

I think her relationship with him was one of those where she loved him, but felt way too comfortable not having any boundaries. She never respected him. I saw a few episodes where she treated him horribly.

Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,773Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    My sound isn't working on my computer, so I just watched the video. It looked to me that they were both laughing. The K girls seem to get pretty physical with each other in a kidding way, so maybe they think it's ok. Maybe he thought it was OK. I think it would be different if she was upset with him and was punching him. Maybe, she was, but like I said I don't have sound, so I could only go by the silent video.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    okay, i don't like what i saw. she pulled back to punch him. yes he stopped her but her reaction to him accidentally stepping on her toe and messing up her pedicure was extreme. i think like the therapist said, there was more to the wanna be punch than a messed up pedicure. i agree that things escalate from play fighting. i've never been one to play fight but my girlfriend saw this and said she play fights and wrestles with her hubby and doesn't think there's anything wrong with it. i guess to each their own. if she's acting like this as a newlywed, no wonder they are divorcing. she's not looking too good these days.
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    She didn't actually punch him. He grabbed her arm before she had a chance to make contact with him. I don't think she seriously wanted to hurt him but the message it sends..the fact that she lunged for him at all is not good. Like it or not young ladies/girls look up to her and it's not sending a good message out there. Not to mention..the vanity ..goodness..just cause he chipped her toenail!

But reverse it..if Kris had lunged to punch her say because she ruined one of his shoes or something..people would want the man's head on a platter and he'd be called "abusive", "woman-beater", and/or wife beater. But with Kim..people (most) will blow this off and say it's not DV. She's a woman..Kris is bigger than her..she wasn't serious, she can't really hurt him..all the excuses folks will give to justify her actions.

Prime example: Chris Brown. Rihanna actually hit him first (and she had hit him on other occassions as well) and that day in the Lambo he snapped and beat the hell out of her after she hit him more than once. Hardly anyone mentions that Rihanna is "abusive"and it was never played in the media that way. Chris Brown is the one who caught hell for his actions..not her.

So it's all a double standard. I think women should keep their dayum violent hands to themselves just like men should...and when they don't they should be held to the same fire men are held.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,773Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Well, it could be for ratings for their show.

You know, I always saw Bruce Jennings as more the stable and concerned one on the show, but I saw that he is the "Executive Producer" for this show. I think we are all being played by them to make more money. I don't care to watch it anymore.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    99% of these reality shows are a "set up". Guy that works with my husband was recently paid $500 to be on a reality show for 10 minutes just because they needed an extra person to round out a "fake" argument..that was supposed to be real. And well the Kardashians show has already been exposed for setting things up to make it look more sensational.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
    yeah i don't watch the show. this made it to a top story on cnn. i think because she's so popular and she's trying to punch her husband over something trival while she knows she's being filmed. i think the chris b/rihanna example is a good one!
  • KurlyKoreanKurlyKorean Posts: 28Registered Users
    I'm ashamed to admit it but...I watch the show..and when I saw that she tried to punch him my mouth pretty much dropped. The look on her face when she did it freaked me out a little. I felt like she was genuinely mad and then remembered she was being filmed so she laughed it off.
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I didn't watch the show so I can't tell if she was really mad or not but ummmm...she didn't look like she was playing. And I play fight/wrestle guys all the time, but the intent is certainly not to hurt one another. If you do something like that with your so, you have to know the boundaries ahead of time or it can get ugly reaaaal quick.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It looks fake to me like their marriage and the whole show. It's working. Theyre making money off it for sure.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Josephine wrote: »
    It looks fake to me like their marriage and the whole show. It's working. Theyre making money off it for sure.

Exactly.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • soleilmoncursoleilmoncur Posts: 1,194Registered Users
    *Marah* wrote: »
    She didn't actually punch him. He grabbed her arm before she had a chance to make contact with him. I don't think she seriously wanted to hurt him but the message it sends..the fact that she lunged for him at all is not good. Like it or not young ladies/girls look up to her and it's not sending a good message out there. Not to mention..the vanity ..goodness..just cause he chipped her toenail!

But reverse it..if Kris had lunged to punch her say because she ruined one of his shoes or something..people would want the man's head on a platter and he'd be called "abusive", "woman-beater", and/or wife beater. But with Kim..people (most) will blow this off and say it's not DV. She's a woman..Kris is bigger than her..she wasn't serious, she can't really hurt him..all the excuses folks will give to justify her actions.

Prime example: Chris Brown. Rihanna actually hit him first (and she had hit him on other occassions as well) and that day in the Lambo he snapped and beat the hell out of her after she hit him more than once. Hardly anyone mentions that Rihanna is "abusive"and it was never played in the media that way. Chris Brown is the one who caught hell for his actions..not her.

So it's all a double standard. I think women should keep their dayum violent hands to themselves just like men should...and when they don't they should be held to the same fire men are held.

I would like this comment if I wasn't on my phone! Everyone forgot that Rhianna was throwing blows too and the blame rested solely on Chris. I'm not advocating his violence but at some point he was going to explode.

The same can be said here. This may not be the first time she raised a hand to him and had they not divorced it would have certainly not been the last. But if he had physically harmed her afterwards the women of the world would be screaming bloody murder.

I don't know why some women believe that just because of their sex they are excused from taking the lead in physical violence. I hate the Kardashians because they set such a sick example for young women and this "play fighting" is not detering me from that stance. There needs to be a serious boycott of this mess and no more watching just because it's a trainwreck.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using CurlTalk App
    3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10
    off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

event.png

um_no-vi.gif

• CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Posts: 1,641Registered Users
    Not saying that it's okay, but it comes down to who/what can do the most damage. The stronger you are or the more deadly your weapon of choice is, the more responsibility you hold in a fight.

This is true even in a case where it's two guys with one being stronger or larger than the other. It's called responding with reasonable force.
    33abhqq.gif
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    tumblr_ltu7w1pv2f1r5y7szo1_250.gif
    tumblr_ltu7w1pv2f1r5y7szo2_250.gif
    tumblr_ltu7w1pv2f1r5y7szo3_250.gif
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg

I remember that episode. Scott is such a d-bag, but he cracks me up bc he knows they're ridiculous too.

I play wrestle with my boyfriend. I don't think that's abusive at all. He HATES being tickled, and so I piss him off by tickling him all the time. It annoys him so bad, but the reaction is so funny, I can't help but do it. Sometimes it turns into a wrestling match, and he is MUCH bigger than me, but neither one of us would tolerate hitting, or punching or actually trying to hurt the other person.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    iroc wrote: »
    I remember that episode. Scott is such a d-bag, but he cracks me up bc he knows they're ridiculous too.

and yet i read this morning that kourtney is 9 weeks pregnant with their second child....
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah I think Dr. Drew was drumming up unnecessary drama in this case.

Doesn't he have some D-List celebrity's "love addiction" to cure or something? Or a Teen Mom reunion to host?
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I play wrestle with my boyfriend. I don't think that's abusive at all. He HATES being tickled, and so I piss him off by tickling him all the time. It annoys him so bad, but the reaction is so funny, I can't help but do it. Sometimes it turns into a wrestling match, and he is MUCH bigger than me, but neither one of us would tolerate hitting, or punching or actually trying to hurt the other person.

Just a bit of advice here, my first husband and I used to wrestle and that was fun, no punching ever though. I am very ticklish and he loved tickling me. At first even though I didn't like it, after a few years it made me very angry at him, but I don't think he ever realized how angry I was. I would stop the tickling if I were you, seriously. It's not funny to the person it is happening too.
    ShrekLover wrote: »

Just a bit of advice here, my first husband and I used to wrestle and that was fun, no punching ever though. I am very ticklish and he loved tickling me. At first even though I didn't like it, after a few years it made me very angry at him, but I don't think he ever realized how angry I was. I would stop the tickling if I were you, seriously. It's not funny to the person it is happening too.

Gotta agree here.

I'm extremely ticklish and my ex used to torment me with tickling. I know he thought it was high-larious, but after time it was just mean. And annoying.
    LAwoman wrote: »

Gotta agree here.

I'm extremely ticklish and my ex used to torment me with tickling. I know he thought it was high-larious, but after time it was just mean. And annoying.

Yes I absolutely hate being tickled. But I would seriously tell the person right away.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Tickling (within reason) and wrestling can be fun...almost like foreplay. This was a punch though. Even if it was faked for the cameras, punching is still not a healthy relationship builder.
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Gotta agree here.

Yes I absolutely hate being tickled. But I would seriously tell the person right away.

The thing is you do tell them but they think because you're laughing you are not really pissed. I had to hold myself back from hitting him a few times. It is mean.

Gotta agree here.

The thing is you do tell them but they think because you're laughing you are not really pissed. I had to hold myself back from hitting him a few times. It is mean.

Yes! I meant to add this part!! I'm totally with you, Shreklover.
    I realize that holding a person down and tickling them can be torture. My boyfriend is MUCH bigger than me. There is no torture going on here. He has the ability to stop me quite quickly.

There is a difference between a little respectful teasing, and just being cruel. I don't expect couples to sit calmly with their hands in their lap. You're supposed to be playful and comfortable with the person you're with.

That being said, I know my bf would not be okay with me punching him like that. He demands respect, as any person should. And punching someone with the force she did does not show that she respected him.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gotta agree here.

I might laugh a little at first and then I start yelling very aggressively to stop.
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Spouses should not hit each other. You won't get an argument from me. But that video gave me a headache. Dr. Drew and that woman are being hysterical getting this worked up over what some wannabe talentless celebrity did in her fake-reality show. It's embarassing.
  • sleepymekosleepymeko Posts: 1,002Registered Users
    Why was she punching him? I have never "play" punched anyone--especially my brother. And it kind of looks like she meant to hit him kind of hard. And as you can remember, when Kim was mad at Khloe she started swinging her giant purse at her--trying to attack her. Violence isn't the answer Kim!
    Check out my personal blog :afro:

s-event.png
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    Dedachan wrote: »
    Spouses should not hit each other. You won't get an argument from me. But that video gave me a headache. Dr. Drew and that woman are being hysterical getting this worked up over what some wannabe talentless celebrity did in her fake-reality show. It's embarassing.

My thoughts exactly.
    3c/4a
  • BiancaBianca Posts: 2,492Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Po wrote: »
    Dedachan wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

Same here.

He's stumbling over his words, gesticulating, the exasperated speech, he and this woman are talking over each other like the can't talk fast enough about this.

Yes, he's waiting for the next season of Teen Mom to air so he has to fill the silence with drama.
    Just like when he said Angelina Jolie is a drug addict and her kids are in danger then recanted the next day. I can't take Dr. Drew seriously at all.
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file