??

Hey Guys..
I wanna use natural oils for my hair instead of gels and etc..
Is there any good oils u recommend me ?? that i can style my hair with..?

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Well, I am no oil expert, but coconut oil is a favorite around here. I love it, too, and have used it on top of gels sometimes when my hair is VERY dry. I also love using Apricot Kernel Oil to seal my hair with.

The 4a ladies are experts on all this oil stuff! You might want to ask there. They use lots of butters and things like that (shea butter, cocoa butter, mango butter, homemade butter whips) to style and moisturize their hair with. :) Just make sure your hair is up to all that moisture and weight! ;) If it is fine in texture or you are easily overconditioned, be cautious. (Sorry, I don't know your hair type or anything, so just throwin' that out there!)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    my hair loves oil, to style with, ive just started using shea butter and cocoa butter, both are rather rich, ive been melting them and mixing it with argan or hemp or emu or coconut or almond and using that to style. gives my hair a lovely shine as well :)

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • letta510letta510 Posts: 60Registered Users
    I love coconut oil but not as styling if u use a leave in and seal it with oil u should be ok to use gel
  • 3bcurly3bcurly Posts: 68Registered Users
    Thank you so much guys. Im a 3b.. I'll defo try that out too.. & theres so many coconut oil which one shall i use?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file