Help me disguise myself!

SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
Every year around Christmas, the youth group I volunteer with sends the adult volunteers in the mall in "disguises", and the kids have to find us and get our signatures as proof. Whichever group finds the most people gets their dinner bought for them... It doesn't sound like it, but it's fun! Haha

I did it one time before, and just straightened my hair and wore some glasses, and only one group found me, so I guess that was good enough! This year I'll probably do something similar, because after looking at cheap wigs online, none of them look like something that a sane person would wear!

But, does anyone have ideas for other ways that I could make myself look different, but not so much that I would stand out from a crowd? I can't decide if wearing heels (since I'm fairly short) or changing my makeup would even make a difference.

I thought about hitting up Goodwill and picking out an awesome hipster outfit, but I don't know if I could handle having people think that I'm actually a hipster all day! ;)

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    No ideas, but that's sounds like a blast!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • NarniaNarnia Posts: 1,770Registered Users
    Does sound fun!!
    I would dress in a style you're not used to, or what they wouldn't be used to seeing you in. Like if you are usually dressed down, do a suit with pumps and a briefcase with straight hair. Or if you're normally quite stylish, try all workout stuff and a backpack or somethin.

Posted from my "smart"phone. 'Scuse crazy typos
    "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Straighten your hair, get a sling, and pretend to be breastfeeding a baby. Teenage kids can not look away fast enough if they think someone's breastfeeding. You could be dressed in a clown suit and all they'd register is OH NO BOOBS!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    CGNYC wrote: »
    Straighten your hair, get a sling, and pretend to be breastfeeding a baby. Teenage kids can not look away fast enough if they think someone's breastfeeding. You could be dressed in a clown suit and all they'd register is OH NO BOOBS!

Love that idea!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    CGNYC wrote: »

Oh my gosh! I'm dying over here!

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not sure about the breastfeeding... but you could disguise yourself as a pregnant lady pretty easily, right?
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

Cheetara wrote: »
    Not sure about the breastfeeding... but you could disguise yourself as a pregnant lady pretty easily, right?

Unfortunately, my sister already took that idea!

I did briefly think about wearing a headscarf (I've been watching All-American Muslim on TLC lately, and the headscarves they wear are so pretty, which is what gave me the idea), but I can't decide if that could be viewed as disrespectful/offensive! Plus, I wouldn't want to mis-represent anyone. ETA: I do think under other circumstances that could be an interesting social experiment, however!

• CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    How about just wearing a hat and glasses? You could also make yourself a bit fatter by wearing a few extra layers of clothes.
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

I think the hat and glasses are probably what I'll end up doing... I just have to find a hat that doesn't make me look ridiculous, because I'm not a hat person! Haha I'm going to be raiding Claire's at some point this week for the frames/glasses (last time I wore my prescription driving glasses, and had a headache the whole day!) and other accessories. :p

• Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    How about dressing as an older lady? You could get a grey bun wig, wear reading glasses and walk, slightly hunched, with a cane.

Wig:
    FW9259.jpg

You could also use some darker eye makeup to give yourself some undereye circles and wrinkles.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Since the idea to not be found, besides straightening your hair, how about dressing like someone who works at the mall (blue and khakis like best buy, red and khaki like target, etc)
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    shave your head itll grow back
    scrills wrote: »
    Since the idea to not be found, besides straightening your hair, how about dressing like someone who works at the mall (blue and khakis like best buy, red and khaki like target, etc)

I love that idea! I think I might try that... I just have to decide which store to use!

Also, I work in the mall, and tend to see a lot of people walking around in scrubs for whatever reason (I guess it's just the area we live in... Lots of hospitals and doctors offices) - if that doesn't work out, maybe I'll steal a pair of my mom's scrubs and throw on a pair of white shoes!

• juicyfruitjuicyfruit Posts: 751Registered Users
    Sounds like fun!
    I thought you guys might want to see what I finally decided to dress up as, today!

My friend and I went as mall-walkers... It was lots of fun, although a lot of kids ended up finding us, because we went to Starbucks and had to wait in line... I'm pretty sure some people inside Starbucks thought we might have been celebrities because there were probably 5 or 6 people that walked up to us and asked "Are you Sarah _____?" and made me sign their list... Hehe!

Anywho, behold, my costume! (I've included a before, for comparison purposes! lol) And yes, I'm holding hand weights!

• OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    you and Minx could be sisters.
  • juicyfruitjuicyfruit Posts: 751Registered Users
    I like! Is that a regular hand weight or a shake weight?
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That is a great disguise and it sounds like you had fun! :)

Incidentally, your beautiful smile gives you away!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
    juicyfruit wrote: »
    I like! Is that a regular hand weight or a shake weight?

Haha, I saw some in Ross and almost bought them, but ended up with regular hand weights! However, to make up for the lack of shake weights, we did lunges around the mall! :laughing6: Also, maybe a few squats.

Roseannadana, you are too sweet!

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That was a great idea! I'm going to have to store this whole thing away for when my daughter is older. It sounds like fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file