I need help with spray gels

I've found that my hair doesn't need as much gel during the winter months so I want to make it into a spray so I can just use a bit yet evenly distribute it throughout my hair.

I've been experimenting with it the past few days and something's not right. I don't know if it's the mix or the bottle itself. I have a 9 ounce spray bottle and one fourth(about 2 oz) contained FSG and the rest was hot water. I shook it well but it would only come out in a thin stream instead of a spray. It didn't matter how much I adjusted the nozzle, it just wouldn't spray out.

Is there something wrong with the amount of water/gel I used or could it be the bottle? If it's the bottle, does anyone have any suggestions on which ones I should get that would work for a spray gel?
3a/3b spirals and the occasional ringlet
M/iii
Normal porosity

Products I use:

Shampoo: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Shampoo
Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner
DT: Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Aqua-Immersion Creme Masque
Styling: Homemade FSG with Lavender EO & AVJ/water mist spray containing Epsom Salt, Lavender EO

th_Underneath1.jpg

Comments

• stacyw71stacyw71 Posts: 75Registered Users
    I'm sorry that I don't know the answer, but I can tell you that the same thing happened to me.

I mixed boiled water with some gel for my daughter. I put it in a new bottle and it came out in a stream. I tried turning the nozzle every way and still a stream. So I thought...'this bottle stinks'. I dumped it out and put it into a bottle I have been using for a long time that sprays water really well. Guess what?! Same thing. The spray gel came out in a stream. Not completely streaming, but not a nice spray for even coverage. Maybe the weight/consistancy?

Anyway, I gave up and bought her Herbal Essence Set Me Up Spray gel, but I would like to know if anyone has a solution to this.
    [FONT=&quot]CG since 9/2011[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - 3b/Coarse/Medium thickness

[/FONT]Low Poo: Shea Moisture Retention, Loreal Everpure Sulfate-Free (ocassionally)
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR
    LI: GVP Conditioning Balm
    DT: Shea Moisture DT Hair Masque, AOHR
    Gel: Dep Endurance Styling Gel, HE Set Me Up Spray Gel

http://public.fotki.com/stacyw71/
    Password: embracecurls
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji