Products reviews???

Has anyone had any positive results with Miss Jessies products?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using CurlTalk App

Comments

• blu_gtar87blu_gtar87 Posts: 47Registered Users
    Miss Jessie's products do a GREAT job at defining, holding, for twist outs, or just wearing the hair out. If you want to be CG they're not the way to go, but I've used these in the past:

Curly Pudding
    Curly meringue
    Stretch Creme
    Baby Butter Creme
    Also the shampoo. the one that isnt sudsy. (cant remember the name -_-)

I didnt see a difference in curly pudding, curly meringue or the stretch creme but they worked pretty well for twist and braidouts. (they made my scalp itch bad tho and they dry your hair out too). The baby buttercreme is a great moisturizer as well.

But like I said, their ingredients arent all that great. But it doesnt hurt to try and see what works for you.
    Check out my blog: kinkycurlypixie.blogspot.com
    or search me on youtube: blugtar87

Phone cord curls (dont know what type). Looser in the front and on top (maybe from heat damage?:-|)

Happy to say that I am CG! :love7:

Currently using:
    Teressentials Mud Wash. (As my cleanser and conditioner)
    Giovanni's Direct Leave-In.
    Castor oil
    Ecco styler gel
  • ntrlbeauty05ntrlbeauty05 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Thank u!!!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using CurlTalk App
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Originally, Miss Jessie's was fine. A few years ago, they changed to cheaper ingredients, such as the Curly Meringue:
    water, parafinium liquidum, glycerin, triethanolamine, fragrance, carbomer, wheat amino acids, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, avocado oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba seed oil, olive fruit oil, oleth-5, PEG-12 dimethicone, ethylhexyl methoxycinnanate, disodium EDTA, DMDM hydantion, iodopropynyl, butylcarbanate, yellow 5

$22 is a lot of money to pay for 8 oz of product whose first 2 ingredients are water and mineral oil! Glycerin is also cheap. Aside from the fact that my hair HATES mineral oil, I just wouldn't recommend these products. There are too many fabulous lines for you to try--Curl Junkie, Marie Dean, Donna Marie, Spiral Solutions, Komaza, etc.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file